Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-13-2020, 12:50 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Yep, standard 1 and 5/8 strut, 10ft long, powder coated aluminum.

Btw, I see your quote has 1 fixed panel. Another alternative - which I have - is all removable panels. It allows me to stack them up so I have standing room all the way to the back. Something to consider.
Thanks, I'll add that to the list of things I need to discuss with Mark.
__________________

tedujam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Yep, standard 1 and 5/8 strut, 10ft long, powder coated aluminum.

Btw, I see your quote has 1 fixed panel. Another alternative - which I have - is all removable panels. It allows me to stack them up so I have standing room all the way to the back. Something to consider.
FYI, Mark says they don't do a fixed panel.


Quote:
We've never done it..... it has one fixed and 3 moveable not 4. Maybe it's a CCV Hack someone came up with but makes no sense you remove the bed board to have the roof still there so it doesn't accomplish anything since the roof is still in place. It doesn't allow for any extra functionality you still have to duck to walk out the back of the van, and you still stack all 3 on the 4th bed board.
__________________

tedujam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:07 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,172
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
FYI, Mark says they don't do a fixed panel.
Not sure I understand that quote from (Mark?). I have four removable panels. When they’re stacked up with the cushions they look like this:




But I often take out the cushions and stand them up this way. I made two straps to keep them standing. It gives you full room to walk about.



.
__________________
"PhoTo" - 2014 Ford E350 5.4L RB - Agile 4x4 - CCV Poptop
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:32 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Not sure I understand that quote from (Mark?). I have four removable panels. When they’re stacked up with the cushions they look like this:




But I often take out the cushions and stand them up this way. I made two straps to keep them standing. It gives you full room to walk about.



.
Sorry, meant to say, "they don't do it without a fixed panel".


The quote is from Mark himself when I asked via email if I could get mine set up without a fixed panel.
tedujam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:57 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,172
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
Sorry, meant to say, "they don't do it without a fixed panel".

The quote is from Mark himself when I asked via email if I could get mine set up without a fixed panel.
Well, all I can say is his memory is temporarily failing him. All four of my panels are removable and they installed my poptop last October. Perhaps they’ve just decided not to offer that option anymore.
__________________
"PhoTo" - 2014 Ford E350 5.4L RB - Agile 4x4 - CCV Poptop
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Well, all I can say is his memory is temporarily failing him. All four of my panels are removable and they installed my poptop last October. Perhaps they’ve just decided not to offer that option anymore.
Yeah, I'm gonna ask Monday.


Also, do you know how far apart your CCV unistruts are?
Attached Thumbnails
ccv unistrust rails.jpeg  
tedujam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
BenJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 428
I am picking up my van on Thursday (10/1) with the same 1 fixed panel and the rest stationary wording on my quote. I can let you know what it looks like then.

Unistruts are 47" apart center to center based on an email Mark sent me.
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
I am picking up my van on Thursday (10/1) with the same 1 fixed panel and the rest stationary wording on my quote. I can let you know what it looks like then.

Unistruts are 47" apart center to center based on an email Mark sent me.
Thanks. I bought a piece of unistrut to carry up to Colorado in case my existing rails don't attach easily to the CCV rails.
tedujam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
BenJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 428
So it doesn't look exactly the same as Otter's, but all of the panels are removable (3 total). The "fixed" panel is the one from the end of the cutout to the back of the van, so there are 4 total with 3 that you can move. I did upgrade to the full cutout as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3582.jpg   cc906e00-0578-433a-9376-ce47c4ea5eaf.jpg  
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,172
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
So it doesn't look exactly the same as Otter's, but all of the panels are removable (3 total). The "fixed" panel is the one from the end of the cutout to the back of the van, so there are 4 total with 3 that you can move. I did upgrade to the full cutout as well.
Congratulations! I hope you love it as much as I love mine. It’s been terrific.

This panel thing is interesting. Happened to be out working on the van and snapped these pics. I had stacked up the four panels and moved them toward the front of the van so I could work in the back. That rear supporting section is as deep as my hand is long. Because my van is open to the rear doors and doesn’t have a sofa or bed back there, I like that I can walk straight through without ducking. Though I’ll warn you ahead of time... there’s some getting used to the lower (and harder!) headway everywhere. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve hit my forehead on the new front headliner. But I think I have it licked now. Have fun!









.
__________________

__________________
"PhoTo" - 2014 Ford E350 5.4L RB - Agile 4x4 - CCV Poptop
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×