Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2024, 08:48 AM   #1

Colorado Camper Van Pop Top

listed on Expo - no affiliation

https://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...op-top.244089/

Fits 1992-2014 Extended Body Ford Econoline vans. Fully optional out with power lift actuators, 6 LED ceiling lights, 3 layer side fabric and carpeted interior.
The Aluminess roof rack with the light bar is included. It had two cracks in the fiberglass that have since been repaired and painted at our body shop.

We can load it for you. Located in Owensboro, KY

$7,500

Old 05-01-2024, 11:11 AM   #2

Sweet and super deal right there!
EFIT: Maybe not such a good deal

Wonder what caused the cracked fiberglass that was repaired?
Old 05-01-2024, 01:02 PM   #3

It looks like the Aluminess rack is trashed too. I would guess something fell on it. Also looks like it has a ripped screen.
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:00 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
It looks like the Aluminess rack is trashed too. I would guess something fell on it. Also looks like it has a ripped screen.
Yeh, certainly is a head scratcher. My guess is the van was too tall for whatever they attempted to pass under...at speed.
The downward force could explain the fiberglass cracks. Top rail on the roof rack is missing along with what looks like a bunch of solar panels - like they were scraped off.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:33 PM   #5

Not familiar with these CCV tops - but I'd check the scissor bars for bent/damage - if the top went backwards or to either side ?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Yeh, certainly is a head scratcher. My guess is the van was too tall for whatever they attempted to pass under...at speed.
The downward force could explain the fiberglass cracks. Top rail on the roof rack is missing along with what looks like a bunch of solar panels - like they were scraped off.

It also looks like every single cross bar is bent. I would say the rack is scrap at this point as fixing it would probably cost as much as a new rack.

Edit: Someone asked about the damage and they replied "...The rack was damaged due to someone trying to steal the solar panels off it."

I would have expected it to look like the mounts were pulled up, not pushed down, if someone was trying to steal the panels. Also, the light bar is smashed up, so I think you're right about hitting something, like a drivethrough.
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 07:43 PM   #7

Yeahhh seems a little sketchy to me. Also notice the removed aluminess front bumper in the background of the photos that is buckled on the passenger side. In those same photos you can see all sorts of parts from an e-series (door cards, fender flairs, cabinetry). The photo of the actual van shows the rear bumper heavily damaged as well.

My guess would be the van was stolen, abused, wrecked, and now somebody is trying to make some money back (either after buying at auction or something else).
Santa Cruz, CA
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 05:12 PM   #8

I pretty certain this van was recently for sale on either FB Marketplace or CL. Price was around $15k, IIRC. The vehicle appeared to have sustained some kind of collision - top was cracked, Aluminess bumpers were bent, and there was sheet metal damage here and there. The photos in the ad were not great, but they captured all of the damage, if you looked closely. The van may have had a salvage title too, I can't remember for certain.
yonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:22 PM   #9

I think this is the donor rig:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	50584

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8950726765693/
yonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:29 AM   #10

Dang, great sleuthing. That is some major damage to the body and the top. I do not think the pop top lifting frame came through unscathed.