Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2007, 07:52 AM   #21

Jage

This is at my local Ford dealer not SMB. I've only taken it to them the one time. I feel it is a crack in the transmission or a warped transmission leak. The transfercase is fine.

Craig
05 EB 50 V10 4x4 Baja Tan
calclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #22

Well I just got off the phone with Ford and they will have a new transmission case delivered on Monday. I had a feeling it could be cracked. It will be covered on warranty. This good and bad, now I will have a transmission with only 14,000 miles on it that has already been cracked into. It least it wont leak. I HOPE !

Craig
Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calclimber
Well I just got off the phone with Ford and they will have a new transmission case delivered on Monday. I had a feeling it could be cracked. It will be covered on warranty. This good and bad, now I will have a transmission with only 14,000 miles on it that has already been cracked into. It least it wont leak. I HOPE !
They're going to replace the case, and not just swap the entire (new or rebuilt) transmission? Interesting. Good luck, and hopefully this fixes it for good.

Herb
Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #24

I've owned only two Fords in my life, my first brand new car was a 1988 Ford ranger king cab 4x4. This vehicle had 12,000 miles on it when I noticed transmission fluid leaking under it. It turned out to have a cracked transmition case. They opted to replace the case around the transmission and it was never good from then on. Now on only my second Ford I am dealing with this problem again only with a much more excpensive vehicle. I made sure the dealer knew of my great luck with the Ford motor company and he asured me his service techs would do a good job.

We shall see.

Craig
Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #25

Its back !
I've had it back for about a week now. I wanted to make sure it was fixed before I posted an update. They had it for about two weeks, They replaced the transmission case and several parts on the inside that were seized up and caused the crack, they said. All seems to be ok, I need to hammer down on it a bit to make sure it truely is going to hold up and be reliable.
What a long battle its been!!

Craig
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #26

Yeah lock that rear and pull the front around in low range, see if you can break it again!

Seriously, glad to hear you're fixed.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #27

At about 14K I had my trans case replaced. The case was porous, it leaked right through the side!

Anyway, the tech didn't have the proper tools to re-assemble the trans (the TorqShift trans 'guts' go together outside the trans and are loaded into the case with a special tool) and put it together anyway. That trans was in and out 5 times before it was finally right. 30K later it is still fine.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote