Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2024, 12:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzabove View Post
I put mine next to the drivers side rear wheel well. I’ve seen Sportsmobile put them in the same spot in some of their builds also. I dropped my fuel tank and installed a pickup line in one of the existing holes on top of the tank. It would be a good time to replace the main fuel pickup and filter.
Rizzabove
What fitting did you use on the tank to plumb the diesel pick up tube in?
Did that silver fitting come with your heater?
Clean looking install!

Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 04:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earle View Post
Rizzabove
Clean looking install!
I got a recent Chineeze petrol/gas heater with a similar-looking tank pickup. I think you need to remove the fuel pump/sensor assembly to insert the pickup from the inside out and screw the washer and rubber gasket down under the nut.

In a Stock pre-2008 sensor/pump assembly there looks like enough room so that you can drill the pickup hole in the stock assembly is there is so spare hole in your tank.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7201.jpg  
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 11:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by posplayr View Post
I got a recent Chineeze petrol/gas heater with a similar-looking tank pickup. I think you need to remove the fuel pump/sensor assembly to insert the pickup from the inside out and screw the washer and rubber gasket down under the nut.

In a Stock pre-2008 sensor/pump assembly there looks like enough room so that you can drill the pickup hole in the stock assembly is there is so spare hole in your tank.

Thanks Posplayer! Makes sense!
Old 01-07-2024, 01:32 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earle View Post
Rizzabove
Clean looking install!
The fuel pickup I used is available on heatso.com under heater parts. I cut it down to length to fit. I have since changed fuel tanks and installed the fuel pickup on the fuel pump plate.
rizzabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 04:08 PM   #15

Quote:
The fuel pickup I used is available on heatso.com under heater parts.
This one I assume.

https://www.heatso.com/espar-eberspa...andpipe-600mm/

Apparently, the patents for the Esbar heaters have run out and so the Chinese have an open season at the knock offs. This $60 tube was part of the package of my $75 heater.
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 05:17 PM   #16

Quote:
The fuel pickup I used is available on heatso.com under heater parts. I cut it down to length to fit. I have since changed fuel tanks and installed the fuel pickup on the fuel pump plate.
Awesome, that’s what my plan is too!
Thanks for the quick reply and will check out that site!
Old 01-16-2024, 10:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by posplayr View Post
This one I assume.

https://www.heatso.com/espar-eberspa...andpipe-600mm/

Apparently, the patents for the Esbar heaters have run out and so the Chinese have an open season at the knock offs. This $60 tube was part of the package of my $75 heater.

Here it is for $11.00 https://www.amazon.com/YESHMA-Standp...RoCB74QAvD_BwE
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:49 AM   #18

I am doing an install of a Velit gasoline heater. More or less the same thing as an Espar gas heater but better suited for all elevations. I have an 1993 E250 RB11 and am planning on mounting the heater where the house battery and converter were when new. I have since converted to DC / DC charging / solar and a completely different battery setup. I will move the interior vent from the front of the cabinet to the back by the doors, and the hot air exhaust to the front so somewhat mid point in the van. I am adding USB ports to the interior for some USB powered mini fans just to keep the heated air stirred up. Trying to minimize hot / cold air pockets.

Doing the 4x4 conversion as well, and will be losing 2 gallons capacity, and am running a gas engine. Tank layout is similar though. Planning on going into to top like what Rizzabove shows. Make sure the dip tube is at least 1" above the bottom to keep from sucking the tank dry. Today it is 18 deg around the suburbs of Houston TX, so yeah, it would be a good day to have that heater installed already...
dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
espar, espar d2, heater, heater install