Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #11

Re: bed foam replacement

yep...it is stiffer in the winter (in the summer, very pliable)...really amazing material. softens and conforms quickly though due to body heat.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #12

bed foam replacement

This has been a very helpful thread as we need to replace the 24 year old foam in our dinette/bed. Gave me some good ideas on foam combinations. A friend told me about the Foam Man in town that will put replacement foam into my existing covers. Hope to get to him next week.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #13

larrie, looks like were in the same boat, older SMB (mine is a 91 E-250) with worn out foam. I'm still debating about what firmness of foam to buy for the penthouse but getting closer. I'm also going to redue the foam in my goucho bed/couch also. I live in Springfield, OR, not far from you. We have a good fabric store that I go to called Econo Sales, very old school if you don't find what you want near by. Lance
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #14

bed foam replacement

Lance

I found this site very helpful in understanding memory foam, http://www.healthyfoundations.com/memoryfoam.html

This one does custom cut foam sizes and also has good information, http://www.foamorder.com/memory.html

Thanks for the offer and the name.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #15

We did the replacement of foams. On the penthouse bed went with 3" medium firm foam. On the couch bottom we used a firm foam they call restaurant foam which is a bit softer the the regular firm foam and cost less. It is popular in cafes. The old couch foam was 2" medium and 1" soft and cut up badly by the metal straps supporting it. The new stuff is a big improvement, no more bottoming out on bars. We didn't do the couch back yet, not as needed but would be good. I think the bed costs $120 and the couch was $100. Going camping soon for 2 weeks so will have a good test, will report if any interest
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote