Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #461
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 569
Scott and Buffalo, thanks. Now to see if I can talk Santa into $475...

BTW Scott, just to clarify, is the D2S 4.0 not available for the Sealed Beam Retrofit kit?

(EDIT) So apparently only first generation Astros and Safaris have the single 5x7 sealed beams...



Mine is a second generation, which has side-by-side low and high beams in one housing...



So bummed! And back to square one, lights that are decent but don't feel completely safe on a dark night in the boonies.
__________________

__________________
2003 Astro AWD
2005 Tacoma Access cab 4x4
1999 E350 RB 7.3 "Al B. Tross" aka "Exxon Valdez"
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #462
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 751
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Scott and Buffalo, thanks. Now to see if I can talk Santa into $475...

BTW Scott, just to clarify, is the D2S 4.0 not available for the Sealed Beam Retrofit kit?
Steelhead- correct, the 4.0s are a significantly larger projector that don't fit without tremendous work. My honest opinion is to run the 7.0 h1 units with the Morimoto ballasts and bulbs... you will be happy!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
__________________

REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #463
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 569
Thanks Scott but see my edited post above. I don't think there's a solution after all. Except maybe something like this...

Could it be run with the Morimoto innards?
__________________
2003 Astro AWD
2005 Tacoma Access cab 4x4
1999 E350 RB 7.3 "Al B. Tross" aka "Exxon Valdez"
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #464
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 751
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Thanks Scott but see my edited post above. I don't think there's a solution after all. Except maybe something like this...

Could it be run with the Morimoto innards?
Ah, now I see what you mean. If you can find a clear lens model without the projectors that would be best. We could fill them with Morimoto H1 projectors and you will be set.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #465
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 751
Garage
December Sale coupon is live now as "SMBXMAS17" worth 10% in savings. This code will be good until 12/31/2017 on all products. Be sure to check out all the Ford Econoline accessories we now offer and get your orders in ASAP!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
25011329_2090712017866695_2571734371400679424_n(1).jpg   24174866_167732163828738_7043780506135035904_n.jpg   24274324_309438399553660_5485951634007654400_n.jpg   25006511_374324663013711_4670289112014520320_n.jpg  
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #466
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
Picked up a set from Scott yesterday! Lookin forward to installing her next weekend!
A year has gone by and I havent gotten around to installing the kit on my 99 E350 yet. Hoping to do it this week. Saw that LEDs kit now offered? Shucks.. oh well. Will install the HIDs I have. How tough is the install Scott?

Thanks,
John
limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #467
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 751
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
A year has gone by and I havent gotten around to installing the kit on my 99 E350 yet. Hoping to do it this week. Saw that LEDs kit now offered? Shucks.. oh well. Will install the HIDs I have. How tough is the install Scott?

Thanks,
John

John,

The install isn't bad, but does take some time to complete. It takes me a little less than two hours start to finish

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #468
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 15
Heated Lens? Is it needed?

The new "thing" in LED's is a heated lens or cover. Why? Because LED's are "cold" and cold lights get covered in snow and don't melt it off. The new versions on the market are set up to start heating if the temp gets much below 50 degrees.
Trucklight makes them for jeeps.
JW Speaker has now introduced heated 5x7's (model 8910) (which I am looking at).
But I must say, your lights look amazing, way better than anything else that I have seen.
My question is, how warm to these get? Is a heated lens cover needed or even an option for those traveling into the snow?

Thanks,

Sam
Sam C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #469
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 751
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
The new "thing" in LED's is a heated lens or cover. Why? Because LED's are "cold" and cold lights get covered in snow and don't melt it off. The new versions on the market are set up to start heating if the temp gets much below 50 degrees.
Trucklight makes them for jeeps.
JW Speaker has now introduced heated 5x7's (model 8910) (which I am looking at).
But I must say, your lights look amazing, way better than anything else that I have seen.
My question is, how warm to these get? Is a heated lens cover needed or even an option for those traveling into the snow?

Thanks,

Sam
Sam,

The HID versions of these lights get pretty warm, but we will have to ask other people how theirs perform in chilly weather. The LED versions have not seen use in weather yet from what I can tell, so it's quite hard to say. The led units do produce quite a bit of heat though as they have built-in fans to cool the heatsinks.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #470
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 15
Scott,
Well I'm going to go for it. Will call you re details on ordering. If things are not too backordered I can have it on my rig this month and in Mammoth next. We will hopefully have enough weather to give a good report back. I have halogen hella 500's in the bumper so lack of light in a snow storm should not be a significant worry of mine.
__________________

Sam C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Sportsmobile Registry

Priscilla

DocMP

My Van

bfolens
Add your Sportsmobile
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×