Ex-School Bus Owner... New Van Owner!
After a year and a half of converting a 30 year old Blue Bird school bus with 335k miles... I was frustrated with the reliability, old wiring and slow & loud engine. I just sold it last weekend.
My bus project inspired a friend to get an E350 and then he inspired me to get rid of the bus once I realized how practical and versatile the van can be.
I found a fleet maintained 2006 E350 STD with a 6.0 diesel and 123k miles for $5,500. It came with a brand new set of wheels and tires LT245/75R16 BFG All-Terrain KO2's
I was able to take 200 watt solar system & various RV accessories from the bus.
I have about 2 months to get the following done before Burning Man. I hope to accomplish the following (in loose order of importance):
- Weather Guard Pack Rat drawer system
- Bed frame and mattress (RV queen size?)
- Solar system with deep cycle and 12v inverter
- Insulation and wood slat siding
- Bed liner on the lower exterior to put a stop to (minor) rust