Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Sportsmobile Forum > Welcome & Support > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #1

Question Repost! What can I do to my van before taking it to have a Penthouse top installed?

(((***Sorry! I think I posted this in the wrong section yesterday!***)))

Hello! Newbie here. SoCal based and finally upgrading from my 98 Dodge Conversion van. Currently in the purchasing process of a 2014 E-350 and am super stoked to get a SMB Penthouse top installed sometime next year (not so stoked that I have to drive all the way to Texas now, but it is what it is).

I left a voicemail a few days ago with the Austin Penthouse rep but thought maybe you guys might know the answer to this - are we able to build out the "downstairs" of our van before taking it in for a top installed, or do they only work on vans that are gutted on the inside? We're hoping to insulate, and put in electrical, storage, and a dinette as we have on our previous van that can serve as a bed until the Penthouse happens, but don't want to do anything that might prevent them from giving us that sweet sweet headroom.

Any tips, advice, etc appreciated as we embark on a new build and navigate the SMB process. Thanks so much!

nicoleanddave is offline   Reply With Quote