Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #1

Should have made this post 2 days ago!

Hi everyone, I found this community through a YouTube video from what the dude was saying this sounded like the place for me to come and ask questions and share the adventure with everyone. I recently bought a 1989 E-250 Camper van. A Falcon 190 to be exact! (unfortunately it has the toilet instead of the dinette).

When I bought it there was a pretty bad misfire so I checked the compression that was in spec, so I threw rotor cap wires and plugs at it and it seemed to clear right up. Happy with that I decided to get serious and as of right now the upper and lower are off and everything is getting nice and shiny!

I wanted to update with pictures and stuff along the way but I got lost in the project, its my first time working on anything fuel injected so that's been a good time. (seriously why cant everything still have a carb?) I have about a billion and a half questions but Ive just been in breakdown and de-grease mode, Im going to dig through the schematics and see if I can find out where the missing and broken vacuum lines I found go. Let me tell ya, Im pumped for that job tomorrow.

Anyway to anyone still with me Hi, Boy am I excited to have a new project!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9025.jpg   IMG_9023.jpg   IMG_9044.jpg   IMG_9060.jpg   IMG_9061.jpg  

IMG_9063 (2).jpg  

Old 10-02-2020, 03:09 AM   #2

Garage
Welcome and congrats. Cool. Suggest you post in appropriate forums as you work through the van. You could start a thread in Projects, Modifications and Known Issues.