Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #1

2012 E250 4 X 4 Front seat options

Hello,
I have a 2012 E250 with Quigley 4wd. I have factory OEM front seats. I mention the quigley b/c the driver seat does not swivel. Passenger has a swivel base on it. I would like to know what other OEM or Aftermarket seat options others are using or would recommend.

My goal is to get something more supportive / comfortable for long hauls.

Thanks
John

jso5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:14 AM   #2

Reach out to this member here: 1der

He may still have some driver side swivel bases. See this thread:

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...hem-15888.html
thejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:25 AM   #3

Thanks for the contact.
Because I have the 4x4 selector lever my drivers side does not swivel. Not looking for swivel bases nut replacement seat options.
Thanks
Old 02-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #4

Garage
By many reports, these are the most comfortable and supportive seats on the planet. A search on the forum here will provide quite a bit of info on them.

scheel-mann usa | Orthopedic Automotive Seats
Old 02-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #5

Fyi - driver seat can swivel w most 4x4 shifters. Also depends on your layout. A 50 layout would have the driver seat swivel 90 deg. Which still opens up the seat for better utility.

Re: improving support for seats - while quite subjective, I have found the OEM seats to be very comfortable and the “after market” premium seats to be too hard for long distance. You can get new foam (and seat covers) for OEM seats and/or add some foam wedges for more support if desired. Seat heaters can be added as well.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #6

Thanks for the link and info. I didn't know that the drivers could swivel with the 4x4 gear selector there. I will have to investigate that further. The idea of new foam and covers is good a pair of the Sheel-manns ain't cheap. One other thing ...
The passenger seat does swivel, but I have to disconnect my air bag harness when I swivel it.
How do you get around that?
Old 02-16-2020, 12:11 AM   #7

Passenger seat wire-
This wire originates from the harness that runs laterally behind the seats at the B Pillar. If the wire is passed through an X-cut in the carpet just center aft of the seat base floor plate and is run inboard of the swivel drum you will have sufficient wire to rotate the seat without straining the wire. The seat front is always swiveled towards the engine cover.

There is a small hole in the upper plate forward of the swivel drum. there is a plastic connector FROM the seat. Note the location of and mark the wires orientation in the plastic connector. Disassemble the plastic connector so as to free the wires. Pass the wires through the small hole and reassemble wires into the connector housing. Wrap the wires with split loom or something to protect them from chaffing on the hole. Reconnect to the wire running from the harness. You should be good. Again always swivel towards the engine cover.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:16 AM   #8

1der, thank you very much for the precise instructions on how to route the wire. I really appreciate that.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #9

Garage
Scheel-Mann seats are worth it. I love mine and very happy with the purchase. Think about it as an investment in yourself, not a van gadget...
Attached Thumbnails
4DFBE537-817A-4848-9FD9-FAC227F44DE6.jpg  
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #10

I have to admit those seats are really nice. thanks for the pic - probably just cost me $2500 LOL