Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #1

Any experience with these leaf springs?

Wondering if they are junk. 5000# capacity. http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php ... ts_id=8785

tortorelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Any experience with these leaf springs?

Do you know what are stock springs rated for? If it's the same, you don't gain anything and if the rear was sagging with the stock pack because the conversion is heavy, it would continue sag I would think. In other words are they designed to beef up an E-350?

I'm not sure but I thought the ARB springs SMB is now using are rated for a 10,000 lb vehicle, but I could be wrong. I don't know what those springs are rated at but you should be able to purchase the same spring pack that SMB is using.

Even Deaver Springs had to guess what my van needed and I ended up too light. They had to send me an extra leaf to level me out.

The Deaver's supply a fantastic ride in my van and is now my #1 improvement that has been added to my van.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #3

Re: Any experience with these leaf springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb

I'm not sure but I thought the ARB springs SMB is now using are rated for a 10,000 lb vehicle, but I could be wrong. I don't know what those springs are rated at but you should be able to purchase the same spring pack that SMB is using.

I called ARB directly since they are headquartered local and they said they only ship those springs to SMB direct. The only way to get the spring pack is through SMB since they are made custom for them.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote