They recently lost their sales guy (starting a new gig). I too have found them a bit unresponsive. Some answers but no facts,
1. Height: I think it's about 10inches additional standup height from inside the van. I'm 5'10" and I can stand up straight without thinking about it (I was in a sprinter in their shop). This is so much more than our SMB I never thought about measuring it.
2. I believe it is a single height. Never even occurred to me to ask though! I do think the height is a bit much when viewed down and from the outside ...and might prefer a lower/slimmer look but am also looking forward to the extra height. Shrug. I decided not to worry about it.
3. They remove to the pillar by the sliding door. So from there back the van is the original height. There was some openness to the idea of cutting more but they were resistant. I know they CAN but you'll have to talk them into it. I decided I didn't care since the sprinter roof is pretty tall and all this is behind the rear seat (we are aiming for a "50" style layout not walk through).
4. There were no external clamps on the electric version. Press a button and the top goes up.
5. Big. So obviously bigger than our SMB ph it was noticeable and remarkable. We didn't bother to measure.
I'm sorry I don't have dimensions. I'm not scheduled till sept but if I do talk to them again (might just go up there to finalize my build plans) I'll get some specifics.
Originally Posted by VtSoundman
Hey there..have some quick questions regarding a CCV top for 2016 144 Sprinter. Depending on these answers, we may head get a 170 instead....can't seem to get anyone at CCV on the phone or answer by email.
1. What is the floor to ceiling height of the CCV (while stowed) for the Sprinter?
2. Does CCV make a mid,high,low option like they do for the Ford vans?
3. Is the full sprinter roof removed or only a portion? The only video I can find has a cutout above the sliding door section.
4. Does the latest version still use external clamps?
5. What is the internal dimensions (bed) of the top while is up?
Trying to get a quick answer...headed to the dealer to cut a check tomorrow.
Thx for the help!
sent via the cone of silence