Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #61

Re: Secrets?

Seems weird, my Avatal will lock/unlock with the van running as do the inside door buttons. How do I tell if the keypad will work with the van again? Is there something besides factory remote?

When I got the van I got the Avatal which alarmed and locked/unlocked and another fob that only locked/unlocked (so you arm with Avatal, unlock with other fob, open the door and the alarm goes) Would that other fob be a factory remote?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #62
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
... I do need to check my van's original window sticker to see if it came with the factory wireless remote.

Herb
Just checked my original window sticker. Looks like the van came with the factory Wireless Remote/Panic option. Never had those remotes (I'm the second owner), but I hope that won't matter.

Herb

P.S. I apologize for "quoting" myself. Seems pretentious.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #63

You will need to run the programming mode, described in the owner book.
Have all remote units ready as you have to do them one after an other in a short time.
Easy to do.
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #64

Herb,

Then you should be able to buy the remote and program it to work with your van. And you could also get a couple keychain remotes at the same time.

The 3 button remote for my van is a 2L3T-15K601-AA, and should be the same for your van. On eBay:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

$20-30 for a pair of remotes.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #65

My van also locks the doors when the engine is running.

My normal practice when leaving a camp site is to load up, drive about 30 ft, stop with the engine idling and go back to police the area for any overlooked trash or treasure and to double check the exterior of the van to see that everything is secured for travel.

The van will lock the doors after I get out and that's either aggravating or terrifying, depending on whether or not I have a spare key in my pocket or hidden on the exterior.

Now, whenever I'm traveling I wear a spare key on a lanyard around my neck.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #66
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
So, once again this site costs me money.

I just ordered a remote keypad from Tousley Ford $65.45 +~$6 shipping.

Now all I have to do is hide a spare key inside the van and I'll be ok if I lose mine. Or lock them in the van. Or have my brother lock the doors with the van running - again!

Mike
Mike,

Do you have a P/N on this? Tried searching through the Tousley Ford website, and either their Search feature is useless, or the person trying to use the Search feature is useless.

Herb
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
So, once again this site costs me money.

I just ordered a remote keypad from Tousley Ford $65.45 +~$6 shipping.

Now all I have to do is hide a spare key inside the van and I'll be ok if I lose mine. Or lock them in the van. Or have my brother lock the doors with the van running - again!

Mike
Mike,

Do you have a P/N on this? Tried searching through the Tousley Ford website, and either their Search feature is useless, or the person trying to use the Search feature is useless.

Herb

X 2 tried the same and it came up blank.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #68

7L 2Z 14A626BA

I found it on the website, but it wasn't listed for 2008-10 E150-350 - so I called the 800 number and talked to a live person. He checked in his references and said it works on an 04 E350, so I gave him my CC info. Should be here next week.

I found on another website that it works on all Fords, 99-2011 with factory remote door locks.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viejo
My van also locks the doors when the engine is running.

My normal practice when leaving a camp site is to load up, drive about 30 ft, stop with the engine idling and go back to police the area for any overlooked trash or treasure and to double check the exterior of the van to see that everything is secured for travel.

The van will lock the doors after I get out and that's either aggravating or terrifying, depending on whether or not I have a spare key in my pocket or hidden on the exterior.

Now, whenever I'm traveling I wear a spare key on a lanyard around my neck.
The 2010 Ford van keyless remote lock system, including rear door lock, is an option SMB West vans come with. Each door (even the rear door) has a manual control button to lock all doors. The driver door has a buttons for locking just the driver door or all doors. The keyless remote has buttons to open the driver or all doors. In addition to these options, the van's programming center allows you to change automatic locking features of the van (see the Owners Manual). One setting allows you to automatically lock the doors when the van reaches 10 mph - I love this feature as I so often forget to lock the doors while driving. Another setting allows you to auto lock doors within so many (I think 10) seconds of turning off ignition, but only when the driver door is opened and then closed - I don't use this feature because of what you guys are talking about. There are a number of other options, but I can't recite them here. Almost makes you want to go back to mechanical knob and key turn.

P.S. Most secure policy is to never leave a spare key in your van and get in the habit of locking up before moving and using the remote to lock up once you get out (assuming you have a remote).
joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #70
Site Team

While doing some searching for the wireless keypad, I came across an interesting mounting location. The keypad mounts with doublesided tape, and some guy stuck it to the inside of his fuel door. Seemed like an interesting, out of sight, location so I thought I'd pass it on.

Herb