Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2024, 02:22 PM   #21

Hi All,
I am interested in get a set of decals also. The decal on our Penthouse is peeling really bad. Also, our decals on the doors are starting to peel up at the edges. Does any body know the type font? I can make a vector with the software I have. Just need to know the Font Type. Or if someone has already have it made, would be interested in purchasing a set.

2017 Subaru Crosstrek
upzmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 03:15 PM   #22

Garage
Patrick, It's been a number of years now since we all got together but glad to see you're still enjoying the Van.
All the graphic shops I've been working claim they're unable to find the Font...after a lot of hours searching I think I stumbled across one that may be correct. Most of what I found have different style letters (namely the 'M' and 'E'), but this one seems very close. I sent it off to one of the Shops a couple days ago, but I'll gladly throw it out to the group in hopes someone can make progress with this project.

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-...ector-21724336

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-...ector-21724338

***I just have no idea if this can be applied to black. The 'keyword' to a Font search of this type seems to be 'chiseled block' or 'beveled' font
Old 04-27-2024, 03:35 PM   #23

Thanks Twoxentrix for getting back to me. I noticed it is not an exact match. Especially the 4x4 logo. I wonder who Jonathan Feld at the Fresno location had do there logo work? They would know the type font. I can do the artwork for the logo if we just had the correct font style.
2017 Subaru Crosstrek
Old 04-27-2024, 04:02 PM   #24

Garage
I already reached out to them, and apparently none of them know. They did however offer 'Field van' decals to replace the aging Sportsmobile decals.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:19 PM   #25

Thanks Twoxentrix. That is kinda what I am getting too. I'll let you know if I find out anything. The Gold modern bold font, is pretty close. Maybe somebody on the Forum would know somebody inside FeldVan/ Sportsmobile that would know what the font is, or who supplied their logo work. -Oh, by the way, we are very much still enjoying our van. Like to do another van meetup with everyone.
2017 Subaru Crosstrek
Old 04-27-2024, 05:01 PM   #26

Garage
upzmtn,

I've got a spare pop top sized "Sportsmobile" decal collecting dust here. It's the exact one pictured on the 2nd post of this thread. I've installed the others, but since I Raptorlined my pop top and the texture isn't conducive for decal "stickage" it won't be used.

Maybe you could use it to make and/or track down a font to match your larger door decals and make them available to other members? If it doesn't work for that purpose at least you'll have a new one for your pop top.

Just send me a DM with your address and I'll package it up and send it on its way.

Cheers!
Old 04-29-2024, 12:24 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
upzmtn,

I've got a spare pop top sized "Sportsmobile" decal collecting dust here. It's the exact one pictured on the 2nd post of this thread. I've installed the others, but since I Raptorlined my pop top and the texture isn't conducive for decal "stickage" it won't be used.

Maybe you could use it to make and/or track down a font to match your larger door decals and make them available to other members? If it doesn't work for that purpose at least you'll have a new one for your pop top.

Just send me a DM with your address and I'll package it up and send it on its way.

Cheers!
Great contribution! That should get it done.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:49 PM   #28

Just wondering, does anyone make the Sportsmobile script decal, but in a 3D badge? My van is missing the rear door E250 badge and there are holes there. I'd rather cover them up with a Sportsmobile badge than the Econoline badge...
dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 07:14 PM   #29

Just for the record - I'm still interested in a "set" of front end decals !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:19 PM   #30

I'd say don't stress about an exact match for the font. Just get close enough and nobody will notice except us SMB geeks, or if you are at a SMB meetup or something. I have two unused decals in my garage, if I get a chance I'll try to scan them and post for reference. Not to be "that guy," but have you called the various SMB locations to see if they have any to sell? I got mine at SMBW years ago when I visited on a roadtrip.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote