RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: at the beach in So. Cal
Posts: 221
I would love to hear the story on how/why this happened.
__________________

blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Burbank
Posts: 169
wOw
I'm confused.......Jonathan who in Sept 2003 gave me the new SMB van owner's "walk around and orientation" is President and CEO of Field Van Inc.
Now hearing of a new location for Field Inc.
I agree with Steve_382 there must have been serious disagreement(s) over the name and production rights of "van's in general".
I'm very interested in all the in's and out's of this abrupt change of name and now a new production location.
Would love to have been a fly on that wall while this transition evolved.
I'm waiting for the next installment of the ongoing saga "Sportsmobile vs Field Van".
__________________

HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:40 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
simplesez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 719
Count me in the other team of I don't care about people's business drama.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:12 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 4
Alan and Liz Feld started Sportsmobile West, Inc. 32 years ago under an agreement with Sportsmobile Texas, Inc., allowing the use of the "Sportsmobile" name. Last year the founder of Sportsmobile, Charles Borskey, transferred control of the company over to his son, who then presented Sportsmobile West, Inc. with a new agreement. That new agreement was not acceptable to the Feld’s, so they are parted ways with the Sportsmobile brand. Per the old agreement the company name had to change as well. We are now operating under SMB West Vans, Inc. which it is still operating in the same Fresno location. Other current info is at smbwest.com

We are not closing or out of business as the first post suggests.
ngennock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Now its confusing

So..

Is SMB West still owed by the Felds? Is Field Vans, run by Jonathan Feld, President, yet another organization?

Where do I go for info on my 21yo SMB?
mjcleland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:46 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Railvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngennock View Post
Alan and Liz Feld started Sportsmobile West, Inc. 32 years ago under an agreement with Sportsmobile Texas, Inc., allowing the use of the "Sportsmobile" name. Last year the founder of Sportsmobile, Charles Borskey, transferred control of the company over to his son, who then presented Sportsmobile West, Inc. with a new agreement. That new agreement was not acceptable to the Feld’s, so they are parted ways with the Sportsmobile brand. Per the old agreement the company name had to change as well. We are now operating under SMB West Vans, Inc. which it is still operating in the same Fresno location. Other current info is at smbwest.com

We are not closing or out of business as the first post suggests.
Thank you for the info. Some people love drama, but I'd rather not gossip. When it concerns a company such as SMB West, that a lot of us have dealt with over the years, and I have had mostly good dealings with, I hope the owners and employees come out well all around.
__________________
https://www.pbase.com/railvan
2006 Ford RB, 6.0 diesel, SMB 4x4, RB50
Railvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
peterbhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: So Cal/Oregon
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngennock View Post
Alan and Liz Feld started Sportsmobile West, Inc. 32 years ago under an agreement with Sportsmobile Texas, Inc., allowing the use of the "Sportsmobile" name. Last year the founder of Sportsmobile, Charles Borskey, transferred control of the company over to his son, who then presented Sportsmobile West, Inc. with a new agreement. That new agreement was not acceptable to the Feld’s, so they are parted ways with the Sportsmobile brand. Per the old agreement the company name had to change as well. We are now operating under SMB West Vans, Inc. which it is still operating in the same Fresno location. Other current info is at smbwest.com

We are not closing or out of business as the first post suggests.
Nick, thanks for the straight scoop on this. Always good to get the real story from someone on the inside to help reduce the rumors.

Just out of curiosity, if you are at liberty to elaborate, what will the relationship be between SMB West and Field Vans?
__________________
2019 Transit 350, 3.5 L Twin Turbo
Upfitted by Sportsmobile
Quigley 4x4, Black Rhino with 245/70 17 BFG A/T
Aluminess bumpers F/R
HID headlight conversion
peterbhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:16 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcleland View Post

Where do I go for info on my 21yo SMB?
We are open for service for all Sportsmobile vans and will continue to service and warranty all customers. We can be reached directly at 559-233-8267 or info@smbwest.com for any service needs.

We cannot comment on any other companies.

Any future updates will be posted to smbwest.com.
ngennock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:51 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Blowby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Truckee CA
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngennock View Post
We are open for service for all Sportsmobile vans and will continue to service and warranty all customers. We can be reached directly at 559-233-8267 or info@smbwest.com for any service needs.

We cannot comment on any other companies.

Any future updates will be posted to smbwest.com.
Appreciate the update, and great to know that we still have the ability for service and warranty work here on the West Coast.
Blowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
Interesting..

What if someone wants to get a new SB poptop installed on their E350? Can SB in Fresno still do this, or this won't be offered anymore in Fresno?
__________________

gsrthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×