Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #21
Site Team

Garage
Re: Not Happy with Advanced 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi
Good to hear.

I had contacted Randy a while ago for a quote on a full conversion but after reading this and some more on other forums I decided to go with UJOR where Chris was able to spend the time on the phone with me to get me started. I did take the time though to reply to Randy to let him know I wasn't going with him and linked this post to my email as well... It's only fair he knows he lost more than one customers!

Cheers,
Mr. D
Good. Most companies that deal with the high end special equipment for vans do monitor and respond from time to time to keep up relations. I don't thnk I remember them ever coming on to the site but I could be wrong. I've never been to a mechanic that hasen't made a mistake but it's how they resolve the problem and deal with you courteously that matters.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #22

For what its worth I am driving a 1992 converted by Advanced in 1992 which some knucklehead put a Quigley sticker on. That said I have had a few occasions to call over the last 5 years and I was stunned at how helpful they were. So the very opposite experience. Besides that while I think my van is running a standard Dana designed conversion kit which you could probably have any competent mechanic install, I have been thrilled with the offroad prowess of the van and had been thinking about going back to Advanced as I am looking to upgrade to a newer Sportsmobile but don't want to limit myself to shopping only the 4x4 ads.

Good luck whatever you choose.
sportclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportclimber
For what its worth I am driving a 1992 converted by Advanced in 1992 which some knucklehead put a Quigley sticker on. That said I have had a few occasions to call over the last 5 years and I was stunned at how helpful they were. So the very opposite experience. Besides that while I think my van is running a standard Dana designed conversion kit which you could probably have any competent mechanic install, I have been thrilled with the offroad prowess of the van and had been thinking about going back to Advanced as I am looking to upgrade to a newer Sportsmobile but don't want to limit myself to shopping only the 4x4 ads.

Good luck whatever you choose.
Here's the deal. If you get a Sportsmobile conversion you get a Dyna Trac front axle.
If you have a early Salem Kroger you get a Ford front axle with leaf springs. If you have
a later Salem Kroger or a Quad van you get a Ford front axle and the whole front coil
spring assembly from Ford. If you have a Quigley you get a Ford front axle with Quigleys
own mounts and a coil spring suspension. If you go to Ujoint he uses Ford front axles and
a leaf spring setup. If you have an Advanced, you have no idea what axle you have or
where it came from. Could be a Dana 60 but more likely a Dana 44. If you break down
somewhere and certain parts break, the only place to get them is from Advanced. While
a Dyna trac axle is pretty bullet proof. I like the idea of having the most Ford factory
parts as possible. Just my 2 cents worth. PS. I know about the breaking down part from
experience, as I sat and waited a week for parts to show up from the Moroni fatherland.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #24

Sorry to hear you had issues with Advanced, Ron.
I too have heard horror stories about Advanced. Second hand so I don't usually say anything.
I was looking to use them before I went with QuadVan.

We'll have to meet up again someday... You owe me a steep hill to go up!
(my front locker was not working that day! LOL)

Cheers
Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #25

I have had nothing but great customer service from Randy at Advanced Four Wheel Drive. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences but they seem like isolated incidences to me. Had to add my two cents. Cheers
2010 BMW GSA 30th
medicfernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #26

I also have nothing but good things to say about Randy. Fair, kind and always available to talk.

Just sayin
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #27
Site Team

You can chock up another lost Advanced 4X4 customer to this and other Forum threads about this guy. I just talked to him on Monday about converting my van to 4X4. I was already dubious, but now I will stay as far away from this guy as possible. Thanks Ron. I trust your judgment.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #28

Bring it to NC
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to susswein

I'll chime in as another unhappy former customer of advanced 4wd. I'd never do business with them again.
susswein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #30

Hi "maxacceleration"

New to this forum not so active but i got to ask you.

How satisfied are you whit Quadvan what set up did you go for. I'm planing to convert my van to 4x4 and would like as much info as possible.

Thanks
Kenyi is offline   Reply With Quote