Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #71

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Quigley and QuadVan - FOX Shox Ride Improvement Package

The ATS Steering Damper install turned out great!

Yes those front shocks are too long bodied by about 5/8" and will get contact from the sway bar, but only at full bump - fully bottomed out.

As to valving, if you send them back to FOX, I can provide them with my valving design, and they can redo them for you.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #72

Howdy everyone
I just installed bajasportsmobile's fox shock/coil kit on my van.....

Wow! So stoked.....it's literally like a new vehicle....totally new and improved handling! Speed bumps and driveways no longer shudder my skull....and highway speed potholes don't knock my teeth out and throw the van into the next lane...quigleys ride really really really bad, but this kit has changed it all....the van no longer wanders at highway speeds and corners better. My girlfriend no longer loathes driving the beast...plus the van looks more aggressive with the front end a bit taller....

I've logged 300 miles on the new kit, both highway and washboard forest service roads....I'm super duper happy.....Ramsey knows what he is doing and is a very nice, helpful guy. Big thanks and shout out to Ramsey!

My next upgrades may include new rear leafs to raise the rear 2" as the fox shock kit does lift the front 2"....and maybe some new control arms with Johnny joints....my quigley arms are the shitty C square type, with really crappy bushings that don't allow much articulation.....according to Ramsey the rear shocks will be compatible with a rear lift in the future....I'm stoked!
Ajamboree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #73

AJ, I'm happy to hear everything went well with the installation and you are stoked on the results. Now you will be able to get up to speed on dirt roads while towing fliers up.

Thought of you yesterday when we were out camping and wheeling with Brent - came across these guys.

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 09-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #74

Ramsay, I have been reading everything you have done for the Quiqley SMB. I was on the Assateague National seashore this past weekend talking to a new SMB Quiqley owner about your work. Though not exactly a SMB, I have a 2005 E250 extended van I use for carpentry projects and camping.I installed top gun double steering stabilizer with Bilstiens and got slightly shorter torque arms and neoprene bushings from Quiqley to help steering. The Rancho shocks were sized wrong I put in . The Bump stop problem is horrific. Put me in line for a parts package purchase, if you get back into this.Being on the east coast , I can't drop it off.I will gladly photo all set up with a tape measure if you will take this on. I need the shocks and springs desperately. My van has coils front, leafs rear.
Yaamonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #75

What is your info so I can order a setup for my SMB?

matt
Kandrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #76

Garage

got my stuffs from ramsey last week, but didnt have access to a shop till yesterday. install was very straight forward and exactly as described by ramsey...mainly the top nut on the drivers shock being a hassle to get to. the 46 gal tank wasnt exactly making the driver rear easy either. regardless, install was a total of an hour and a half for 2 of us. very smooth install. parts fit great.

first drive:

just pulling out of the driveway i noticed that i didnt sway back and fourth for 10 minutes after going over an uneven surface. one sway each way and immediately stopped. not 4-5 times back and fourth. this was one of the first things i was wanting to remedy, and these shocks helped with that immensley.

going down the road, i was actually aiming for potholes for the first time ever. i drive lowered cars a lot, so going around uneven parts of the road and dodging potholes is the norm. was kinda nice to be able to hit these things and not get jarred all to hell. i was pretty impressed with how these fox shocks take the bigger hits. definitely much better than the shocks i removed.

i also noticed some turn in. this is something ive never really noticed in the van at all. somehow or another, these shocks made the inital bite of my turn responsive (more like our little cars), and that put a big smile on my face

overall im very happy with the purchase. i have yet to get out on the highway and try the high speed driving, but Ill report back on that. Im going to need to round up 11 friends and get back out on the road to see if these shocks solved the "swim" issue i have going down the freeway at higher speeds with a full load.

i tried to get pix as i know everybody here is a pic whore, but the damn camera was dead when i took it out for some snaps. i charged it last night, so ill try and get some today if it stops raining.

i know ive said it a 100 times, but thank you ramsey! you didnt have to do this for us quigley owners, but i sure am gratefull you did. if i can ever help you out in anyway, please dont hesitate to ask

oh ya, and forgot to mention, the new springs lifted the front of my van 1.25". i wouldnt have really noticed it if i hadnt have measured first.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #77

So is it a secret how to get a set of the shocks , or am I a lamo?
Who exactly is selling them, Fox or someone else.

I would really love to set up my 99 with more bump and better ride, so I would love it if someone would post the info or tell me were I missed it.

The set up looks great and sounds like a major improvement.

Matt
Kandrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #78

It is no secret, but maybe you need to read the entire thread. Maybe if you are really nice to Ramsey he will tell you the rest of the story.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandrae
So is it a secret how to get a set of the shocks , or am I a lamo?
Who exactly is selling them, Fox or someone else.

I would really love to set up my 99 with more bump and better ride, so I would love it if someone would post the info or tell me were I missed it.

The set up looks great and sounds like a major improvement.

Matt
Everything is in the thread, but it has gotten long.

I'm buying the shocks from FOX and revalving them based on my experience and testing. I've also sourced the springs.

FOX called me today; seems they have been getting several calls and wanted to know how to connect the callers with me - I told them to give out my phone number. I have been getting calls on a regular basis.

Here is the problem, the base shock that I use in the front is now back ordered, because we have sold more of them than they ever got orders for with the original application.

Also, no two vans are exactly the same, so I need get pictures and information to determine the right setup.

Best thing to do is call.

Ramsey
Agile OffRoad
(619) 204-9772

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #80

Brand new member here. I am looking at a 1982 Pathfinder converted E350. Do these fit the earlier vans.

The rig has the D60 coil spring front instead of the leafs.

Thanks!
Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote