Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #1

Garage
SMB Sightings

My wife and I were in Mack, Colorado (a few miles west of Fruita) for the annual Country Jam music festival this weekend. Had a great time listening to all of the bands, especially a great concert Saturday night with Zac Brown. We took a side trip Saturday morning/afternoon to the Colorado National Monument area. Great landscape so close to town. Also saw 4 SMBs:

Saturday afternoon in Fruita at the I-70 intersection. A newer Ford, light sage color?, Aluminess bumpers and sky box on top. We were getting on I-70 heading West, you were at the light heading South as we turned in front of you.

Sunday morning in Fruita looking for a coffee place. We passed the Fruita fire station and saw, what I assume is Saline's rig. Good looking rig. Did you paint it? The pictures in your gallery look to be dark green. I could swear it was silver with a black penthouse.

Sunday around 1:30 we stopped in Green River at Green River State Park for a little lunch. There was a white Sprinter SMB with penthouse.

Sunday at 7:00 a white SMB heading south on I-15 coming down Malad Pass. Was that you Zeta heading back to Preston?

Mike and Kris

Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta
Re: SMB Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRyan
Sunday at 7:00 a white SMB heading south on I-15 coming down Malad Pass. Was that you Zeta heading back to Preston?
I wish it was! I'm dying to be sighted.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Skywagon

Tom-
If it makes you any feel better, I saw you in Carmel Valley a couple of times; in my driveway in fact !!!!
Bill
Old 06-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta
SMB Sightings

Thanks Bill. It's just not the same.

http://www.tomsinclair.net

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #5

Garage

Sorry it wasn't you Zeta, I'll keep looking. You're not too far away so we'll surely run into each other eventually.

I did figure out that Canyonrover has a silver SMB with a black top and lives in Fruita. Must have been him I saw at the fire station on Sunday morning. I'm sure he is fighting fires somewhere in Colorado too. Thankful for fire fighters like Canyonrover and Saline.

Mike and Kris
Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #6

Nevada Sightings --

Sunday 10/27 1pm
A grey / silver Ford SMB Northbound on 95 at South end of Hawthorn

Monday 10 / 28 10am
A white Ford SMB Northbound on 95 20mi N of Beatty.

We were in the red one, heading for Vegas.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #7

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRyan
Sunday morning in Fruita looking for a coffee place. We passed the Fruita fire station and saw, what I assume is Saline's rig...
he sold his rig a few months back

heard from a mutual aquaintance (who keeps trying to buy mine from me, lol) that hes on the hunt for another van though
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #8

Here on the East Coast a SMB sighting is a rare thing. In fact, I've never seen one in the 1.5 years I've owned my van.

On our westward-ho trip this summer we saw a few vans, maybe 5-6 total. Outside of the Tetons I saw a van that had "Aluminess" in really large letters on the side. I assume this was their van? This was the week after the Teton/Yellowstone meetup.

Then the last week in August my family and I spent a week in Carmel at my sister-in-law's house. Imagine my surprise when I saw at least one SMB each day, sometimes several, and almost always 4x4 vans. Unfortunately we were always driving when I had the sightings, so I didn't get to talk to anyone. Definitely different out there on the West Coast!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
Here on the East Coast a SMB sighting is a rare thing. In fact, I've never seen one in the 1.5 years I've owned my van.
Weird. I pass at least one almost every weekend I go out. I even see some being driven around both Corvallis and the Portland area. Go to any mountain and river and there's bound to be a few. Heck the collection of SMBs in the underground garage at the downtown Portland firehouse could give the Qataris a run for their money.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #10

Likewise Brian. I know of one SMB in the Knoxville area, well plus the 95 I bought recently.
4x4 vans are almost unheard of as well.
Yeehaw those ain't trucks boy!!!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote