Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Re: Mini Bike for my SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much8ntenough
No personal experience, but I've had my eyes on these little fellas for a while now:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... /home.aspx

http://tw200forum.com/default.aspx

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40322

Those fat tires just look fun.
That's the little brother to the Yamaha Serow225 and currently 250. It's about the same size but with back tires. Great Trail Dual sports.

Personally, we tried the Honda CT90 but it weighed almost as much as the Serow and now the CT90 just sits.. It was fun but nowhere compares to the terrain the Serow covers..

The Serow 225, sometimes called the xt225 too I think, has a cult like following. I've read a few blogs from people who have taken these around the world. I'm considering getting one of the new xt250s. They are a bit heavy, but I like the air cooled simplicity and reliability. I used to ride purely for the adrenaline, but that almost got me hurt a few too many times. The XT seems like the ideal trail bike, and with a plate it can take me anywhere.
R
yup, yup. One of the sites is http://www.xt225.com/

I could probably buy an expensive XTM but we picked up a pair of used xt225 for under $1400.00each and slowly upgraded em (spockets, gas tank, seats, etc..)
It's a blast to having them explore around our camp spots.

I don't know if there anything lighter compared to it's caliber for being street legal and capable trail and single track bike.
It would be the backup I'd use if the Sporto broke down in the boonies and to get help along with other means.

Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
Site Team

On Expedition Portal

1969 Honda CT-90
This bike is in very good condition and has very low miles. Starts right up and runs great. This would be a good around town bike to save money on fuel or a fun bike to take on trips. I will throw in a low gear sprocket for trail use.
Regitered for street use in California.

Asking $600 obo.

Local pick up only.
Located in Burbank CA 91505

Pics located on EP. No affiliation with owner.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/s ... hp?t=34325

Herb
Old 01-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #23

Yeah I second the TW200. Perfect scout bike and easy enough to teach anybody how to ride. You can actually carry a passenger and comes 50 state legal. They last forever and you can get front and rear racks to carry things back from town. Check out versa haul they make a hitch bike carrier that you can tow up to 3,000 pounds then its all behind you!

That CT 90 looks awsome but it should be a race track pit bike not a off road beater. Plus those old motors can be a pain to get parts and work on. I have a 1968 QA 50 that I have spent 4 years looking for a footpeg bracket.
Bob599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #24

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs

They also have swing away handle bars that are designed to mount to a vehicle, super low gearing for climbing mts and removable passenger seat / cargo rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBREATH
Well it's not a mini bike but I think a honda ct 90 or a newer 110 would be perfect, street legal, big enough for two, they are a step threw design, maybe this would allow more air to the radiator. The other cool thing about the ct 90/110 is they hold there value, buy it use it sell it in a few years for the same as you bought it for.

DAVEF