Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #21

We stay mostly on the west coast, so humidity is not too bad. We had our camp trailer for 3 years and only used the A/C once in Moab, UT when we stayed in an R/V park with power for 2 nights. Other than that we have just used the fans and windows to cool everything down at night. I guess it matters where you travel to.

Wickedwagens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #22
Spr

We have it... rarely use it... but when we do it’s incredible. When traveling somewhere hot I bring the generator and it really helps cool things off but where it really shines Is when you stay somewhere with power and you can sleep in real comfort. Super happy we have it but I was lucky to buy a used van with it already in place. If building new I would probably save the space and the cash and install an extra battery and 2 max cool fans (one blows in, one blows out)
Old 08-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #23
MSD

Garage
Yup same boat as Spr have it and use it very little... I've always liked fresh air, not canned air. We've traveled all over from the east coast to the west. But that's just me...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #24

I think it really depends on where you are and what you plan to do. I can definitely see A/C as being more optional out west where humidity is usually lower and it tends to cool off more when the sun goes down. Here on the east coast, it ain't the heat - it's the humidity - and much of the need for A/C is to get the humidity inside the RV down to tolerable levels for sleeping. I've also heard of folks keeping it on so the interior doesn't get too hot if they have to leave pets inside.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote