Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #31

Umm... Ujoint has a pretty comprehensive website linked in his signature. Plus a steady and responsive presence on multiple forums. Make a couple clicks and you'll see exactly what Ujoint does and what he offers.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #32

I know the difference between our two "in house" 4x4 fabricators now. My point is that for someone not immersed in the subject it is easy to mix the two up as evidenced by the poster that I quoted.

I stand by my suggestion that Chris put his location with his avatar, as should everybody else, in order to reduce the risk of confusion.

Sometimes the people who are living, eating, and breathing a subject assume that the whole world understands that subject as clearly as they do. And that just isn't the case. People new to town can't seem to understand street patterns to the puzzlement of the locals so to speak.

Now get back to your Cummins conversion and post an update!

Regards,

Gavin
Old 12-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pntyrmvr View Post
Hi,

I sense a need for some product and service differentation required here. I suggest you put your location in your avatar info as a start.

I've made the same mistake too. You two are selling similar products and some of us do get you mixed up.

Although I do find one of you more direct in postings than the other.

Regards,

Gavin
Easy enough, will do now!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #34

Old 12-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
Waiting for an answer from me?
No no no the other coast
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
No no no the other coast
Gotcha. It's rare that I miss an email. It happens but not often.
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #37

I guess it's about time I broke the news to everyone. This seems like a good a time as any. I'm searching for shop space right now in St. Louis. I plan to take advantage of all the customers in the middle of the country instead of being all the way on either end as are the current 4wd converters. I'm going to offer a straight front axle/rear triple I-beam setup that should get customers about 48" of travel on the rear axle and 68" on the front axle. I'll be using stock wheels and tires removed from brand new Transit vans so the travel should seem like even more. These tires are basically throw aways but you'll have more contact patch than anyone else since my conversions will be 8 wheel drive. That's right, I'm going to have a dually front and rear end, so 8 wheels to the tarmac. To stay modern I will tweet my every bolt turned and only communicate by text. I'll also be offering a bulletproof setup on the 4.6 vans which should be clean energy (probably nuclear) and should get you about 6000 crankshaft horsepower while never needing to find a town to fuel up in. Hot water will be no problem with this setup, no propane needed.
I'm working on pricing now. Stay tuned.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #38
Site Team

April 1st is still 3.5 months away, so the only other explanation is that you're smoking some funny-stuff.

Herb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I guess it's about time I broke the news to everyone. This seems like a good a time as any. I'm searching for shop space right now in St. Louis. I plan to take advantage of all the customers in the middle of the country instead of being all the way on either end as are the current 4wd converters. I'm going to offer a straight front axle/rear triple I-beam setup that should get customers about 48" of travel on the rear axle and 68" on the front axle. I'll be using stock wheels and tires removed from brand new Transit vans so the travel should seem like even more. These tires are basically throw aways but you'll have more contact patch than anyone else since my conversions will be 8 wheel drive. That's right, I'm going to have a dually front and rear end, so 8 wheels to the tarmac. To stay modern I will tweet my every bolt turned and only communicate by text. I'll also be offering a bulletproof setup on the 4.6 vans which should be clean energy (probably nuclear) and should get you about 6000 crankshaft horsepower while never needing to find a town to fuel up in. Hot water will be no problem with this setup, no propane needed.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #39

I read the first couple of sentences and got pretty excited. Then kept reading and couldn't stop laughing. I think Eric hit the Jack Daniels a little early today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

Old 12-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #40

Will that need Bulletproofing before the warranty runs out?