Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #1

Best tire choice??

I have a new 2012 E350 that just came out of Quigley and I'm having converted by SMB. I'll be using the van as a tow vehicle for my 7,800# Airstream trailer.

The "stock" tires/wheels that came from Quigley are LT245/70R17 Rugged Trail T/A tires from BF Goodrich on they grey colored wheels.

My van is black and I'm going for an all black "stealth" them so I want to change to new all-black wheels. At the same time, I was looking for advice/recommendations on the best tire size and/or brands to get for the van considering it's primary role as a tow vehicle.

The van will generally be driven on pavement/improved roads though often when camping, we have to drive through wet fields and/or some less than ideal conditions which is why I had the Quigley conversion so ride comfort is important.

I'm looking for tires that will give me good all-season handling especially when towing a trailer and not sacrifice too much ride comfort as they will only see occasional real "off-road" use.

Should I go for bigger tires and any recommendations for specific tires? The Quigley tires look a little "petite" on the van (see photo) and I wouldn't mind a more aggressive looking tire if it doesn't sacrifice towing safety and/or ride quality. Aluminess front/rear bumpers have yet to be installed.

I'm new to Sportsmobiles so any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Delivery Side 1.jpg (235.2 KB, 944 views)
travelguy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote