Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #261

Re: Quigley and QuadVan - FOX Shox Ride Improvement Package

RIP is badazz!!!

Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:18 AM   #262

How is the out sourcing going? Any updates on time frames?
Thanks
Morgan
Old 09-01-2015, 06:52 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdadmorgan
How is the out sourcing going? Any updates on time frames?
Thanks
Morgan
I am excited to hear what the status is there at Agile as well. Looking to RIP my van as soon as parts are available but having a tough time getting a hold of anyone there. Being a small business owner myself I understand the challenges of meeting demand. Sounds like the product is worth waiting for...
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #264

I have a 2014 E350 EB , Quigly, SMB. She's heavy. 2 couches, H2O heater and furnace , 25 gal water storage , microwave, closet, winch, house batteries, the works .The problem is as most post here. She wanders indiscriminately. White knuckle driving over 68 MPH. Very difficult to drive on 65 mph back roads. Sounds like you have this problem solved. My problem is getting my rig to you in Orange County. How much lead time do you need to get the materials ? Second question. How long does it take for the install ?

Thanks
Idigdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idigdirt
I have a 2014 E350 EB , Quigly, SMB. She's heavy. 2 couches, H2O heater and furnace , 25 gal water storage , microwave, closet, winch, house batteries, the works .The problem is as most post here. She wanders indiscriminately.

Thanks
While I'm a huge fan of Ramsey's RIP package, and I certainly do recommend you get in line, I don't think you should have to deal with those driving dynamics while you wait. It is not normal.

Was it ever aligned after your build-out? Changing weight changes the steering geometry. More front axle weight can cause it to go toe-out (causing really bad wander) and adding rear weight causes the front end to lose caster angle, which also causes wander and lack of center-feel.

From the factory, and empty van only has about 1-2 degrees of negative caster. A few inches of rear sag from the build-out can change that angle to zero. For good car-like feel, you should have about 5 degrees of negative caster (maybe 3 degrees of you like the lighter truck-like steering), and also be slightly toe-in. And, camber should be zero to slightly positive so the tire is making full contact with the road, and not riding the inside edge.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #266

Anyone hear of any updates from Agile Off road? I sent an email trying to set up the R.I.P for my van at the beginning of September and still haven't heard anything back. I have now tried to call a couple times and every time I get voice mail.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #267

Quigley and QuadVan - FOX Shox Ride Improvement Package

He is as it understand it , too busy with life to take new customers[emoji222]
Old 10-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #268

I would love the RIP system for my Quigley, any update if he will be taking new costumers? I have emailed and called as well
Old 10-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #269

I would love to have it too. I emailed in early September and have tried calling. Havent got an answer yet on either. Even to let me know they received the email. I understand if the business is busy but why not hire someone to attend the front desk, answer calls, reply to emails and let customers know of availability.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #270

He said something to the affect of "Agile Offroad will live on" in another thread. I see Fox shocks/boxes with the Agile logo on them when flipping through WeldTec's site... Coincidence? This is for a 2wd, but see for yourself: http://www.weldtec-designs.com/product/ ... ry-getter/ Maybe WTD is who you need to call?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote