Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #71

Re: My SMB-S Build

Bemji,

So, do you work for one of those organizations that goes by 3 letters?

Do you also have a place where martinis are dispensed?

Man that has got to be the coolest looking van I have ever seen. The whole low top with duallies is really something.

With your racing background I can only imagine that you probably have the quickest Sprinter in town, not to mention the only one that can be driven at night with the lights off.

Very different, very nice, wow.

Chumley

Charlie is the best antidote for a tough week at work. I get to see a different side of this great country and relax in different places on every trip. My vacation home is parked where money can't buy residence. Life is a long journey and my magic carpet is named Charlie.
Chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #72

My SMB-S Build

Chum,

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you. You meant the IRS right? But no... Just a fan of getting it right the first time.

Getting on a plane tomorrow Just behold!

Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358205978.290398.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358205997.901436.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358206014.202104.jpg  
ilovegt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #73

My SMB-S Build

Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358206040.368635.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358206059.290125.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358206068.469621.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #74

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

What are the two black control panels in the upper left corner of your first pic ??

(sink side, to the left of the light)

And what are you running for electrics ?? Inverter / Converter / Charger / Battery Management ??

Steve W
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #75

WOW pretty sleek on the inside, total Men in Black disguise :-)!

Well done.

suggestions:

1. To enhance/unify the grey/black interior theme, consider "toning down" the contrasting white painted metal on the interior face of the rear doors with either some dark silver metal flake or dark grey crinkle paint. The asymmetry of the exposed interior door frames on my Sprinter is mostly concealed by our back storage layout and interior finish colors, not so in a galley design with a black grey theme. Cant tell from the photos, but I assume the sliding doors has the same situation.

2. Vanity Plate: WHTNITE

Happy Trails!

ps: is that an induction cooktop? what brand is that?
Spenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #76

My SMB-S Build

I grew up and maybe was conceived in a vanagon so it was time to complete the circle and add a touch of class

I will look at the trim when I arrive but I think it will provide good contrast with the exposed white. If you look closely you will notice a stainless steel penthouse bed... This should lighten things up when in daylight ala airstream.

The induction stove is a countersunk summit unit. The boxes are monitors for all the different systems including solar and battery in/out.

I will get more pics after arrival.

Leaving for airport. Wish me luck!

Ilovegt100
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #77

My SMB-S Build

As for naming, every vehicle is a woman- expensive, beautiful, unreliable, but essential to life. I am open to suggestions though so keep them coming.

How about Ridley? Or Serenity? Beautiful and deadly perhaps unexpected...
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #78

My SMB-S Build

She will be either Ridley or Beatrice. Still feeling it out. 95 percent perfect on arrival. It drives like a bus... Good, what is a bus? Staying around Austin today with a punch list. Anybody needs pictures of their builds?

If other purchases went this smoothly then I would be even more broke than I am right now. These guys know their stuff.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #79

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt100
Anybody needs pictures of their builds?
Yes, it's always interesting. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #80

I had a chance to get a tour of Benji's van and hang out with him while he was boon docking on the street outside SMB Texas last night. Very, Very nice build out. FLIR, lithium-ion batteries, induction cook top, giant refrigerator, ... to many impressive features to list. That is one sweet SMB.

Ohh man, now that my wife saw all those creature comforts, I'm in for it on our build out.

Good luck in your travels Benji!
skijunkie is offline   Reply With Quote