Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Sportsmobile Forum > Sportsmobiles > Van Body
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2024, 09:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by posplayr View Post
A basic tune-up set (Plugs, COP, Injectors)can be had for $200 so there is no reason not to freshen up the whole set. Of course, if you want to save some money (like the OP of my 2000 E-350 6.8L), you can let a mechanic diagnose a misfire problem and charge $750 to change a single COP
Not to mention the added lost time, usually vacation time, and added expense if it happens on the road or worse on the trail.

86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Not to mention the added lost time, usually vacation time, and added expense if it happens on the road or worse on the trail.
I dodged a bullet this fall on that accord. 2002 E-250 225K miles. Did a 2000 mile round trip from Tuscon to north of Reno.

I had been slowly doing the maintenance over the last year,l but had not touched the plugs/COPs.

100 miles after we get home from the trip and less than 1/2 mile from the house (I was ferrying the new kitten back and forth from the Vet to be neutered) #3 plug pops out of the head. I limped home (downhill) wondering what had warranted my receiving such a gift of luck?

I was able to leisurely install the CAL-VAN insert with full availability of all my existing and newly purchased tools. Many of these vans are totaled if something like this happens and even much less when being 1000 miles from home when it happens.
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:45 PM   #13
Orv

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
Yes it is probably barbed but I have yet to see it on a diagram
That's a transmission cooler line. On my van they're metal lines, but if someone has installed an oil-to-air cooler they may have changed it to a barbed fitting; it's common to use rubber hose to splice the additional cooler into the circuit.

Tags
econoline, radiator, transmission cooler