Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2024, 10:06 PM   #11

The cat isn’t stole! I am not a thief and was just asking for help on what it might be worth. The shop that did the exhaust work wanted to trade me the work for the CAT I refused that offer and paid for the work but if the shop was willing to trade a$100 worth of work for it tells me it has some type of a higher value. Sorry for asking. Thought that this is what this forum is for, sharing info or asking for help guess I was wrong!

Jrod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:20 PM   #12

As mentioned before, the cat might be worth $150 at the scrap yard but would be $800 to replace. If you need $150 then a sportsmobile might be out of your budget.

I think Google has some info on selling cats.
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:21 PM   #13

Are you in Portland? Don't they have DEQ inspections for registration?
Old 03-17-2024, 10:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod4 View Post
The cat isn’t stole! I am not a thief and was just asking for help on what it might be worth. The shop that did the exhaust work wanted to trade me the work for the CAT I refused that offer and paid for the work but if the shop was willing to trade a$100 worth of work for it tells me it has some type of a higher value. Sorry for asking. Thought that this is what this forum is for, sharing info or asking for help guess I was wrong!
No need to be sensitive about it. If someone with 500 posts on here asks it's different than someone who is new. The question stokes skepticism. Sounds like you might be authentic which is good. The other gem is the drive by shooter posters. Don't dine and dash is a good way to get better responses
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:02 AM   #15

Not required on 1 ton over 8000lbs.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:44 PM   #16

Did you find that “Killing the Cat” improved performance / mileage? I was considering deleting mine and doing a 4” conversion, but I read elsewhere that it didn’t make any noticeable improvement and there isn’t enough space to go 4” all of the way to the back of the turbo anyway without major custom pipe fabrication for the doghouse area,.. so I just got the 4” cat-back kit (haven’t installed it yet) Thanks and welcome to the forum.
'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:54 PM   #17

Have not driven it enough to even make a comparison. Hopefully gonna take off this weekend so I will let you know next week.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:36 PM   #18

On a 6 liter diesel the "cat converter" is a soot trap. If someone offers you $100, take it and run.

My 6.0 ran noticeably better, lower EGTs, and sounded much much better taking off the stock exhaust including the soot trap and replacing it with a 4" straight turbo back with no muffler.
Big_ern_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 01:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSeeker View Post
Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Just here to say hi.

I grew up in Cooper Landing, went to high school in Soldotna.
Family had an air taxi/fishing lodge on the upper Kenai.

Cheers!