Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2024, 08:52 PM   #1

Catalytic converter

Looking for some help in pricing the catalytic converter that I took off my 2009 E350 6.0. Van has only 40k miles on it

Jrod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:58 AM   #2

Confused ? Selling or buying ?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:39 PM   #3

Selling it
Old 03-14-2024, 07:37 PM   #4

Might be a good idea to offer a selling price based on what you need ? The more info provided the more responses I suspect you'll get ??
Old 03-14-2024, 09:09 PM   #5

Looking for help on pricing? Kind of hard to put an asking price on it. When I have no idea what it is worth. “Looking for help”
Old 03-15-2024, 08:36 AM   #6

I'm guessing you Googled it !? Try other forums - for "diesels" - cat's -
Old 03-15-2024, 09:08 AM   #7

Mr 4 poster trying to sell the most stolen item in vehicles that he took from "his" van. Story checks out
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:01 AM   #8

rrcats.com Send a text, then send photos. You also have to show proof of ownership of the vehicle they're coming off of. They'll give you the price it's worth. You can then either sell to them or use that price to sell locally.

But I'll be honest, you hear a lot on the news about people stealing cats for drug money and think you're going to make bank, then find out your cat is worth $100.
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB123 View Post
Mr 4 poster trying to sell the most stolen item in vehicles that he took from "his" van. Story checks out

And don't forget, from the auto and cat theft capital of the world!

Well, I hope the OP is legit. If so, I would suggest retaining the parts in case it helps for resale value. The money you can sell them for will be paltry compared to the amount someone will have to pay to return it to emissions legal (or the value added for it already being so) in the future.
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 03:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy View Post
And don't forget, from the auto and cat theft capital of the world!

Well, I hope the OP is legit. If so, I would suggest retaining the parts in case it helps for resale value. The money you can sell them for will be paltry compared to the amount someone will have to pay to return it to emissions legal (or the value added for it already being so) in the future.
Exactly. Plausible deniability is a great thing. Hopefully all on up and up. I would expect to get taken to school if so but being a pot stirrer is a blessing and a curse.

The racket I've seen - ask the question about how to sell a highly sought after item - get offers instead of suggestions. Into the wind. I'm sure it's sold by now. Sad that the damage caused is more than the perps will ever get. Hey - for those who like to steal cats - why not repair vehicles that had cats stolen? That would entail work...
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote