Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #21

Greetings Brian -- be sure to PM me if / when you get ready to list - I am east coast near ATL - thanks --

Russ

Russ Gutshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Gutshall View Post
Greetings Brian -- be sure to PM me if / when you get ready to list - I am east coast near ATL - thanks --

Russ

@russ just listed it in the classifieds
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #23
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Brian saw your van posting...GREAT STRIPE!!! Sure is a clean rig...i am sure that should sell quickly...and if not, a PERFECT quarantine vehicle if needed...or doghouse in case of a fight...sports cave...anyway very nice indeed!

As for "Is it time to sell?"....List a little high, If somebody comes through (serious person, you know cash in hand) It's a GREAT time to sell!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Brian saw your van posting...GREAT STRIPE!!! Sure is a clean rig...i am sure that should sell quickly...and if not, a PERFECT quarantine vehicle if needed...or doghouse in case of a fight...sports cave...anyway very nice indeed!

As for "Is it time to sell?"....List a little high, If somebody comes through (serious person, you know cash in hand) It's a GREAT time to sell!

Thanks! I wasn’t fond of the stripe at first but now I really like it. Breaks up the big expanse of the EB van. We’ll see how it goes. Here’s my current driveway situation:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6635.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	32741
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #25

Hard to say, in my opinion it would be harder to sell now compared to pre-covid but might be easier later down the road once the COVID situation settles.

This is my thinking, we are in a very unstable situation right now, a lot of people aren't working which means there not as much financial stimulus in the economy. I personally do not plan on any large financial expenses this year (unless I find a killer deal), in fact I've been trying to cut down my spending and holding off on certain things just to fatten my emergency fund some more.

Why do I think it would be more advantageous to sell after COVID? Well I think there will be more stability out there, and people may be reluctant to travel abroad so RVing/Van Life might be a more desirable option of travel when people are no longer choosing to go on cruises or that flight to europe, ect. For me personally, we are planning to do some big road trips in Canada and maybe some in the US when things calm down. I am planning on spending as much of my "fun" money locally as much as possible. I think your price point is competitive and affordable for most people but for many, now might not be a good time for a large purchase.

Being Canadian, I'm not sure how much of a big "big out" culture is in the US so that's something I can't really comment on. However, I think it could more of a buyers market down the road for those pricier/higher end rigs (50K+).

Those that have over leveraged their finances are going to need to sell those big fancy toys, so there will likely be some good deals to be had when the dust settles and I'll be there with cold hard cash.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #26
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Brian, first beautiful gray rig!! Named (him/her/it) yet? AND...I just figured out (another) reason why I like the stripe....can you say Starskey and Hutch meets A-Team?!? That looks like you are definitely the coolest kid on the block lol!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #27

As we are sitting here right now tonight in Flaming Gorge unintentionally (we were on our two month ski trip which was preempted early March by the C-19 thang) but gladly social distancing I can not be any happier that we HAVE Beastie to hangout/live in (and an open park). The alternative is heading back to San Francisco and a lock down amongst nearly 1 million people in 49 square miles. We feel safer/more free/ less stressed out here and it was purely by happenstance as we left SF on Feb 3.

We have run into quite a few people who have their rigs, trailers, even tents and are out. We have run into people who rented vans, or were sleeping in their cars but they had done so to escape from lock downs.

It will be interesting to see how the van market adjusts to this current situation. Many can work remote or are being forced to work/study remote. Many will have issues w housing and may look to the “van life” as a solution. A well equipped livable rig able to accommodate one or two people may fetch premium prices shortly.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:30 AM   #28

I've been in the market for a late model Outback and have been watching prices since the whole COVID19 started. Prices have gone down a little, but not many great deals. The local inventory has gotten snatched up, so people are buying. We have really only been a few weeks into sheltering, so it really depends on what will happen once everyone is let loose and how well the economy can recover.

I sold a house at the very start of the last recession. I had to drop my price about 10k less than I wanted, but it took a couple more months before the housing prices started to really fall. This period might be like that. Small price drops now with more severity later if things deteriorate or a return of the economy.
jpau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #29

As someone considering selling in the near future, I'm less concerned about my asking price than I am about folks who want to come to see the van. We haven't left the house in over a month, and personally I'm just fine with that. I've got plenty to keep me busy, and it's darn near impossible to catch anything if we don't interact with other folks. Pretty much the last thing I want is strangers crawling in and out of my van, opening all the cabinets and drawers, sitting on the bed, and pretty much touching everything. I'm more than willing to set a fair price, but I sure as heck don't want strangers potentially contaminating my van. Any ideas?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
As someone considering selling in the near future, I'm less concerned about my asking price than I am about folks who want to come to see the van. We haven't left the house in over a month, and personally I'm just fine with that. I've got plenty to keep me busy, and it's darn near impossible to catch anything if we don't interact with other folks. Pretty much the last thing I want is strangers crawling in and out of my van, opening all the cabinets and drawers, sitting on the bed, and pretty much touching everything. I'm more than willing to set a fair price, but I sure as heck don't want strangers potentially contaminating my van. Any ideas?
I would say virtual tour, and considering C-19 I would put down a viewing fee that would cover someone to deep clean your van. This should filter out the tire kickers.

You planning selling the SMB and keeping the GTRV?