Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2023, 09:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
My body guy fixed mine which looked worse than this. He is Portland and does all the Van specialties work. Someone could buy and have a great cross country trip to the NW. It's a couple thousand to fix it right. The work done makes this a reliable machine for a long time.
I know, I have a guy in San Francisco that would deal with this and Raptor the whole roof for $3 to $4k.

Vandiesel - did they need to remove the pop top or just undo the canvas attachment at the roof? I saw your roof when we swapped your top, there was NOTHING that made me think you had a roof rust issue! And we had to drive screws into the roof! Excellent craftsmanship!

Old 01-16-2024, 05:58 AM   #12

PRICING UPDATE: MAKE AN OFFER!

The owner does not have time to get this fixed and just really wants to get this moved so he can make room in his garage where this is parked.

He asked me to revise the price to Make an OFFER (reasonable, please), so this rig can get to someone who will get it fixed and use it.

It will be a very Happy New Year for someone who can see the great opportunity here to buy this well equipped Sportsmobile for WELL BELOW ITS REPAIRED VALUE. PM me.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:23 AM   #13

1der,
Since this has been for sale here for 5 months, kinda wondering if it is the rust, mileage, or price that has prevented it from selling?
What do you think is “reasonable” price the owner will accept?
blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 06:59 AM   #14

I think all three contributed to not selling along with the location and time of year.

Mileage related components have been greatly addressed with new components and John Woods tranny. Full floater LSD Rear axle is virtually new. Brakes, bearings, engine components,all recent, what's left? And a 7.3 lower can go near a million miles.

The rust is scary for someone who does not know how to repair these areas. It is not difficult for a good body repair shop to get this done right and be solid for decades.

Atlanta is not a hub of 4x4 van concentration, so the logistics of motivated buyers to just go see it takes lots of interest and commitment.

The seller realizes all of this - good and bad.

Pricing?? come spring time someone could have it all repaired and headed out for lots of camping. We really do not know where the pricing should be so he said let's get offers, whatever they are. Obviously it was too high for the market and location.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
I think all three contributed to not selling along with the location and time of year.

Mileage related components have been greatly addressed with new components and John Woods tranny. Full floater LSD Rear axle is virtually new. Brakes, bearings, engine components,all recent, what's left? And a 7.3 lower can go near a million miles.

The rust is scary for someone who does not know how to repair these areas. It is not difficult for a good body repair shop to get this done right and be solid for decades.

Atlanta is not a hub of 4x4 van concentration, so the logistics of motivated buyers to just go see it takes lots of interest and commitment.

The seller realizes all of this - good and bad.

Pricing?? come spring time someone could have it all repaired and headed out for lots of camping. We really do not know where the pricing should be so he said let's get offers, whatever they are. Obviously it was too high for the market and location.
OK, thanks for your response, and glws.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:46 PM   #16

It would really help to get an understanding of what the seller is now looking or needing to get - even if noted as a starting price. I can see the asking price history from the initial posts here but when I saw this on EP with all pricing info removed all I could imagine you'll get is snarky or frustrating responses.

Do they still expect in the $30k range? Will they take 12.5? Will they take 20+? Seems the value due to the condition/state is super subjective and, as you say, requires a certain buyer willing to put in the time and money to make it right.

I appreciate the thoroughness of the listing, pictures, and disclosures either way.
RVRoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoams View Post
It would really help to get an understanding of what the seller is now looking or needing to get - even if noted as a starting price. I can see the asking price history from the initial posts here but when I saw this on EP with all pricing info removed all I could imagine you'll get is snarky or frustrating responses.

Do they still expect in the $30k range? Will they take 12.5? Will they take 20+? Seems the value due to the condition/state is super subjective and, as you say, requires a certain buyer willing to put in the time and money to make it right.

I appreciate the thoroughness of the listing, pictures, and disclosures either way.
Well said.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:29 AM   #18

I added back the original price and modified pricing to the EP posting. That was a fair suggestion and has been done. I appreciate this suggestion.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #19

I’m about 4hrs away in Florida Interested in chatting
If you could reach out
904-254-6526
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:46 AM   #20

Catching up to 400k miles and a rotted roof puts this solidly in the $10-15k camp if the seller wants it gone and not driveway art. The new parts are nice but at the end of the day its still a 22 year old van that is well on its return trip from the moon and a ready to hop in and go version is gonna run you less than the asking price here with half the miles.

What is included in the $3-4k repair/rhino liner quote referenced above? That seems a bit slim considering what it costs to get a brand new truck rhino-lined and the per hour cost at a qualified body shop, not even including parts or materials.

Parting this out seems to make a lot of sense if you had a clean Econoline that needed some parts and could get it at a price that makes sense.
Big_ern_101 is offline   Reply With Quote