Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2022, 10:03 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger View Post
It is that simple. I made the change a few months back. Also remember the hubs you have are only available from quigley and $$$$$. Seems quite a few people have been stuck on a road trips with broken hub, and have had to wait days and pay $$$ for overnight shipping on quigley hubs. The cost of one quigley hub nearly pays for the whole conversion.
With the conversion you use off the shelf F series hubs & disks that are available at any parts store.

Think it cost me about 1.2k for conversion with best/high quality parts. Moog hubs, Raybestos rotors, wheeladapter.com adapters.
I guess dynatrac is similar then as quigley. I just upgraded my dynatrac to accept big brakes but am still 8x6.5. I haven't felt wheel limited but I just bought sheepshaggers awesome battleborn wheels. I can't remember if Dynatrac is specific or ford generic.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Welcome ManBro - we’re in Annapolis as well, and you’ll soon find many of the benifits of Sportsmobile ownership have association(s) with the ‘other’ Coast. East Coast group is a little spread out, and it’s a challenge at times finding shops that will work on these rigs. Don’t know how extensive the build is on your new Van, but feel free to reach out if you need anything.
Thanks for the warm welcome Twoxentrix! We're looking forward to the van and getting to spend some time in places like Assateague and Green Ridge. We'd love to do a local meetup sometime, but for now I need to get my old van sold and get this one setup to my liking.

Back to the problem at hand, and then I'm putting this thread to bed. I suspect I have a compounding issue. The K02's are in-fact noisy, but these seem particularly obnoxious. When I get time this weekend, I will swap the highway Michelin's from my E250 and take the SMB for a test drive. This should help me determine if it is tire noise or a bad wheel bearing. If it is a wheel bearing, I'll likely make the move over to 8x170 now, rather than later.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!
ManBro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highway, tires, wheels