Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 04:28 AM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Just give them the GPS coordinates of the nearest Walmart parking lot and call it a day. Many of these people just want the glory and to be able to post pics without enjoying the exploration to find these special locations. We all want to experience special locations, but it so much more rewarding when you take wrong turns and sometimes you find things you weren't looking for.

Herb
So you're saying good secrets are best kept secret?

But that's a great walmart idea----let the looky loos get a view of THAT mess.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

...people bitch at me when I won’t share locations. People please. I worked hard to find that hot spring back before social media. Took me numerous tries with crappy directions from locals intentionally getting me as far from the springs as possible, but I wanted it, so I kept searching. Then rewarded for years. Now it’s crowded 7 days of the week. It’s frustrating. So yes, I welcome your train of though and the rant is warranted.
I couldn't agree more Shenrie. I used to do a lot of detailed reports here and elsewhere including sharing way too much on Instagram, the only social media I've ever been on other than forums I guess.

I quit. I don't share anymore.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #13

Garage
^^^ no one has to earn stuff anymore so they dont respect it. I will take people to the goods if they are willing to share a campfire with me, but most wont so I most certainly won’t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
^^^^ Great idea!
Yep agree! Wife and I had a good laugh at his suggestion
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idamanzz101 View Post
I thought I recognized that area.
"This area isn’t plagued with utv’s hauling ass past your camp every 30 seconds"
No offense but it will be if people continue to post locations of their favorite places...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Finding that spot with my description would not be easy. I had very detailed instructions from a local. I’m 100% with you on posting specifics, but social media is ruining all the good stuff..
Since I was the one who asked about the location in Shenrie’s original post, I wanted to say that I thought he was exceptionally careful in his answer. You’d already have to know the place really well to figure out where that spot is. I googled the hugely general area around that river, a region of quite a few square miles. I’m all for calling out giving away secret places, but not this time. Didn’t happen.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #15
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
....right
Getting back to it, I cut reflectix pieces that fit into the windows of the CCV poptop, they can be zipped in on the sunny side(s), it greatly helps in reducing heat transfer.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #16

Garage
Great idea, REF. Does it help considerably more than just zipping up the inside canvas? If so, it’d be worth it to carry those.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #17
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Yes it does....don’t have an infrared digital laser thermometer to test the results but it’s certainly noticeable. They’re easy enough to fit the pieces under the upper mattress or stack them up on top and move them to the side between the canvas and poptop bars when popped and parked.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #18

To continue the thread de-rail (sorry) With the rapidly exploding overland scene, I've decided the best answer to overcrowding is to do more winter camping. Kids are back in school (well, perhaps not, but probably doing remote learning at home) vacation time is used up and plenty of remote spots require traveling over snow. That's my plan anyway........
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:43 AM   #19
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
^^^Another good idea---not too many fair-weather campers wanna brave the winter months.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #20

Garage
Also agree. 2019 was our first camping trip in December and this year was our first trip in January. Those had previously been the only 2 months out of the year we hadn’t camped. We regularly camp all other months yearly.

There is absolute solitude in the snow. I love it.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote