Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #1

I took the plunge on a second van

So over the past few weeks I have been working on a quote with CCV for my current van to do a full interior build and pop top. We are expecting our second kid in about a month so the camping setup needed some serious changes. The wife and I were fully committed to upfitting our current platform and throwing some money at it (2003 E350 7.3 Cargo Van 105k miles).

The only thing I didn't like about our van was that it had no power options or cruise control. If we were going to spend another 30k on it, it would be nice to have that stuff. Also, I think the current pop top I put on it and the electric trifold bench setup with captain chairs would be valuable to someone, and we were going to just tear it all out and start over with CCV.

I let the wife know I would try and find a passenger 7.3 van that would have more of the creature comforts we were looking for, but the likelihood of that was very low.

Well sure enough on Monday one popped up on Craigslist only about 4 hours away. 2002 E350 7.3 with only 117k miles! Power locks, doors, windows, mirrors, and cruise control. Two captain chairs behind the driver and passenger with little flip down screens and a bench behind that. All leather seats. Basically exactly what I was looking for to fit my soon to be family of 4 more comfortably.

I got in contact with the seller and agreed to a price over the phone if everything checked out. Made the trip up yesterday and drove home with my new van! It is super clean inside and out. All CA van with minimal rust. Nothing in the wheel wells and only a little bit around the brake light and rain gutter at the front. I only took a couple pictures at the gas station since I was in a hurry to get home. Everyone here will probably demand more... Will do a few more when I get home from work tonight.

Never thought I would be the guy owning two vans at once haha! But here I am. Wife is already putting the pressure on to sell the original one.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2919.jpg   IMG_2918.jpg  

BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:13 AM   #2

Congrats on that Traveler! I was tempted (with it being so close to me) but I love my V10. Looking forward to your build.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #3

Nice color, too! [emoji106]
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

Oh nice, that was a good looking one. Should make a great starting point.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Congrats on that Traveler! I was tempted (with it being so close to me) but I love my V10. Looking forward to your build.
Thanks! I am pretty excited about it. I was considering a V10, but I love my current 7.3 and was really trying to keep that platform if possible. Timing just happened to work out perfectly.
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #6

Garage
Congrats, looks great. Nice find. I totally get the cruise control and power locks/windows for traveling vehicles.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #7

Wow, nice find! This doesn't happen every day. I bet there are 50 or less of these in the country.

Enjoy!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote