Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2021, 10:50 PM   #1

New SMB owner 1995 Dodge

Just purchased this 1995 Dodge Ram B3500 van. It has 112,000 miles on it and looks immaculate inside. So excited to start camping soon!
Attached Thumbnails
20211120_153134.jpg   20211005_100934.jpg   20211005_100834.jpg   20211005_100913.jpg   20211005_100953.jpg  

20211005_100924.jpg  

casscamper@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:48 AM   #2

Garage
Well, seams not only are you ending this challenging 2021 on high note, but you’re also starting 2022 on the same! Congratulations!
Old 12-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #3

Thinking that's the coolest looking old skool van I've ever seen! You're going to have sooo much fun in it. Quite a score - congrats.
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #4

Garage
Nice, congrats, and welcome.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #5

Sweet real!
Old 12-28-2021, 09:54 PM   #6

Thanks!

Thanks everyone! Glad I found this forum!
Old 12-31-2021, 08:37 PM   #7

I have a 1999 Ford Coachman. LOVE it! It is an oldie but I have really enjoyed it. I've had it for about 7 yrs.
About two years ago converted it to lithium. The single lead acid for the for the coach just wasn't enough. I am now anxiously awaiting a danfoss refrig. I am soooo tired of trying to be absolutely level do I don't ruin the absorption refrig.
Congrats! Vans like yours are such a perfect size!! You will have so much fun with it!!
nwlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlady View Post
I have a 1999 Ford Coachman. LOVE it! It is an oldie but I have really enjoyed it. I've had it for about 7 yrs.
About two years ago converted it to lithium. The single lead acid for the for the coach just wasn't enough. I am now anxiously awaiting a danfoss refrig. I am soooo tired of trying to be absolutely level do I don't ruin the absorption refrig.
Congrats! Vans like yours are such a perfect size!! You will have so much fun with it!!

I have been looking into Lithium batteries. I know they are really expensive but it would be so worth it. I am trying to research all of th is on my own and I am concerned that maybe the Lithium wouldn't fit into the small area under my bench seat in the back. Right now I am going to need a new deep cycle because I noticed that it is only holding steady at 10.5 and I have tested it and is only in the fair range. I am thinking go ahead and buy deep cycle and then save for the Lithium. Thanks for the replay!
Old 01-01-2022, 10:32 AM   #9

Yes... lithiums are expensive... but so worth it.

My van came to me with a dead lead acid battery like yours. I immediately bought I Trojan t-105. Even with the new battery, I could BARELY camp 3 days, without shore power, just running my propane refrig, carbon monoxide and propane sensors and a few LED lights.
I switched to lithiums. There is more that goes into switching to lithiums than just buying the battery.

You might want to visit the "class B forum". Lots of information there and many knowledgeable people willing to help.

My SMART son "built" my first 200 amp lithium before battleborns were available. .... and I am still using it now. He switched out my charge control to a progressive dynamic unit that could properly charge the lithiums. He also put in a 20 amp DC to DC charger after a couple of yrs so that the alternation could much more effectively charge my batteries as I am driving.

When you decide to switch to lithiums, I would HIGHLY recommend battleborns. $800 right now and sized to replace convenstion lead acid and AGMs.

If you want to PM me with questions, happy to help. I know a little... my son knows what he had to do for my switch. The folks at the "class B forum" are a wonderful resource.

If you haven't already done it, switching out your light bulbs to LED is an easy electricity saver. ... not new fixtures.... just new bulbs.

If I had not switched to lithiums, I would have gone with AGMs. My 2 battleborns and the 200 amp lithium my son built sit under my bed. No need for venting.

Congrats! on your beautiful van. Loads of fun awaits you!!
Old 01-01-2022, 11:07 AM   #10

BTW, you don't have to create a new account at the class B forum. Just sign-in with the same user name and password you use on the sportsmobile forum. They are somehow all linked.