Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2015, 01:30 PM   #7

Re: Picked up my first SPORTSMOBILE!

One other comment (and this is just because of course people like us look at various layouts, and see things we want (more projects on the list!) or things we might change.

In the latter category, unless there is some reason preventing it that I can't see, I would likely prefer the porta-potti door to open into the hallway, and then just pull the potti out into the hallway to use (could have privacy curtain). That's how my SMB was. The way yours is is kind of luxurious, but basically then wastes the entire 24" square space behind it (where you now pull it out into). That's huge valuable real estate! Anyway, just an idea. I do love the rig! If mind had had a power top/EB I would likely still own it.

PS: I had an E-250 2WD with 5.4 as well. Main difference was it was an RB. At any rate, I loved the 5.4 and never felt it was too small, even when I was towing 4,000#+ in the mountains. Friend of mine owns it now and it's still purring along with over 150k on the clock.

PPS: I think if you do a bit of searching, you'll find where quite a few folks have removed those molded fiberglass board/flare thingies. My SMB had simple aluminum ones so I never removed them. My current (non-SMB) rig has the fiberglass ones, and although there would be quite a few holes if I removed them, it looks like the holes for the flare part would be on the underside of the wheelwell. So maybe not too visible... The running board part is held on with brackets wherein the holes are well underneath. 'course yours might be slightly different. At any rate, many people have removed them to eliminate the slight "grandpa" look they tend to give a rig these days.

OTOH, I've seen folks re-shape them (removing some material) and/or paint them a dark color, and then they look kind of cool. So maybe another option.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote