We wanted to start heading in the right direction, so we went to Bryce. But not before a big plate of biscuits and gravy in Escalante at Circle D. Highly recommended.
Hiked around Bryce for a while.
While walking back to vans, we decided to pass up on one more night in the vans and headed straight to Vegas. The idea of a buffet, shower and a bed had us won over. And that was that. Woke up the next day hungover and with more money than we started with and made the drive home. 1505 miles driven, and only didn't enjoy the last 280 home yesterday.
Some closing notes:
- 7 nights of camping, for the low price of $14 in fees (@lone rock)
- the parks were busy, but we were glad we went to them
- Wow, white pocket is the real deal. But shhh, dont tell anyone. We had it all to ourselves at sunrise, but later in the day there were several tour groups there.
- Still in love with the van. Anything you can sleep in, engage 4x4 and head down the highway at 85 mph is the real deal
- Can't wait to go back to Utah and most likely go back to Escalante and then do the white rim trail.
- A 2wd van with deflated tires, a locker and a foot on the gas will really impress you
Thanks to all who made suggestions and posted trip reports to these spots. Feel free to ask any questions about routes and whatnot, but hopefully the pics inspire you to get out there and get your van on!