Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #11
tlg

Garage
Atomasi,
More details are in the subsequent thread below. Hope it helps.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...eat-19312.html

Old 10-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #12
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
RB-50 Bench Seat Headrest Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomasi View Post
How did you put the five point harnes in? Do the straps tuck away enough when the seat is converted to a bed?

Atomasi- 1st, welcome to the forum. I see this is your first post.
2nd, the final post in this particular thread was from back in 2015, as it’s not been active since then, not sure you’ll get a response here from the original poster? Although, I did just PM him (private message) and got a response asking him something about the install, as I’m about to do this modification to our rig.
I’ve purchased F150 headrests off of eBay (picked up locally) and the harness and inserts have been ordered. The harness looks like it can be removed fairly easily by unclipping the harness webbing from the rear and feeding the seatbelt through the webbing on the front of the harness. It is not permanently attached.
The question I had was where to source the sleeves that the plastic guides referenced slide into, it seems they are originally part of Fords seat back (welded in?) and not available separately. The OP says that they weren’t necessary, and he only drilled a hole in the top of the frame for the guides to slide into. I’m going to look around for a metal sleeve for the guides to fit into and weld it into the frame hole I make.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #13

On topic, I finally did this modification myself this weekend. After dealing with two highback booster seats while trying to get everyone in their ski clothes it was past time!

I got my donor parts from an old Dodge Caravan seat. I thought about buying the Ford F150 ones, but they really didn't extend much higher. My headrests are a dark blue color so I'll either reupholster, keep an eye out for some gray ones, or most likely not worry about it.

Despite looking mismatched in the finish photo, these are both sitting square and in the same plane.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2032.jpg   IMG_2033.jpg   IMG_2036.jpg  
Old 12-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #14
tlg

Garage
Nicely done rockbender. I'm sure the mrs. rockbender is happier with ya.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #15

Well done indeed!

It's funny, most guys won't attempt to tackle seat repair or upholstery, particularly seat modification. It's nothing magic, and it's not that hard if you are careful and have some patience.