Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2020, 05:48 AM   #21

Wow. That is an epic saga of chasing suspension gremlins! Thanks for sharing your experience on that, i sure hope i don't get sucked down too far this rabbit hole.

Regarding posting pictures and photos on this forum - I used to think the same thing that you had to have an online photo website but you can actually attach the photos (paper clip icon) and then once you have them uploaded you can do an insert by clicking the same attachment upload button into the post and they will show up like they did in my post above.

I think I'll have time to build some dropdown spacers next weekend. I called, emailed, left voices meeting at agile offroad and they don't get back to me. is it just me or have they been sucking lately? When I first got the RIP kit they were pretty responsive but in the last 5 months I haven't been able to work with them.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #22

Just an update on this:

Last post was before the whole COVID-19 shutdown which certainly delayed some stuff. The machine shop I had access to was and still is closed, but I was able to take my van to an alignment shop and get it inspected.

They said that my drivers side ball joint and both of the front universal joints needed replacement. So I got that work done along with an alignment afterwards and that by and large fixed the issue. Handling at highway speeds is probably as good as it can be at this point I don't have too much body sway and wobbly feedback when I'm going through a turn and when I hit a bump I get much less steering wheel shaking compared to before the repair.

I did reach out to Agile about getting the sway bar drop kit, and after showing them a picture of my sway bar and where it was, they said it wasn't that bad and I probably didn't need the kit.

I have not installed the steering stabilizer shock since this repair was done, so the next step is to reinstall that shock and see how the handling is, I'll do that and report back with how things behave. I did 8 hours of highway driving last weekend and overall the handling is acceptable. I don't want to say great because well its an 8000lb van with a high center of gravity, there's no such thing as great handling ...