Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #71

Z Brackets???

Interested in a set as well...let me know

Would like to know what the load rating is, even if ballpark.

Thank you
M

mrleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:22 AM   #72

Hi MrLeet - I have bracket sets available right now. If you want a Fiamma awning, I can arrange for one of those, too.

re: load - These are designed to handle the Fiamma F45 awning which weighs about 45lbs an hangs pretty close to the brackets.

Your question leads me to feel you have some other application in mind?? Thxs!
Old 06-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #73

Hi Ray
Do the brackets work with the Mombasa awnings? I’m interested in a set of brackets, what’s the going rate and how would I go about obtaining a set for my 2006 E350?
Dogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #74

Ray,
Put me down for a set.

And you have surmised correctly, I have two objectives;
My CCV top does not sit correctly in the gutter on the drivers side (middle of the roof line). The bracket will keep it aligned nicely. The existing awning keeps it aligned on the passenger side.
I would like to build my own pressured water pipe and mount it to the brackets. I haven’t really done any research on these other than the cool one I’ve seen online (forget the name). My plan was to support underneath if the weight was too much for the brackets. Again haven’t done my research yet.

I assume that the price and details is as posted at the beginning of this thread. Let me know.

Thanks
mrleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogger View Post
Hi Ray
Do the brackets work with the Mombasa awnings? I’m interested in a set of brackets, what’s the going rate and how would I go about obtaining a set for my 2006 E350?
Hi Dogger. I am pretty sure these will work with the Mombassa awnings. If the backside mounting surface is a flat metal extrusion ala the ARB/CVT bag style awnings, it will work fine. Post up a pic of the backside adn will know for sure.

Price is $192 including shipping. PayPal to searay230@gmail.com using the Friends and Family portal. Otherwise, $199 if using Merchandise. Put all your contact and shipping info in the Comments section. Thxs!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:49 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleet View Post
Ray,
Put me down for a set.

My CCV top does not sit correctly in the gutter on the drivers side (middle of the roof line). The bracket will keep it aligned nicely. The existing awning keeps it aligned on the passenger side.
I would like to build my own pressured water pipe and mount it to the brackets. I haven’t really done any research on these other than the cool one I’ve seen online (forget the name). My plan was to support underneath if the weight was too much for the brackets. Again haven’t done my research yet.

I assume that the price and details is as posted at the beginning of this thread. Let me know.

Thanks
1. Price and Details are in the last post I made to Dogger.
2. Yes, it will likely help keep your CCV top (High top?) a bit more aligned/captured/guided on the driver side.
3. You are probably thinking of the Road Shower. I have talked more than a few people out of doing this with the brackets even though it, at first, looks like a great idea. I am concerned the water sloshing back and forth in the tube will create funny forces on the brackets that they were definitely not designed for. The other concern I have is the leverage of a 4" diam tube full of water will create. The Fiammas are about 3" cross section and 6" tall with a static type of load. If you get through the first two concerns, then the functional aspect of a Tube suspended to the side of a Pop Top (especially a High Top) means you will have to always park that side of the van in the sun in order to heat the water. There are people on this Forum who have these type of Tube Showers installed. I do not think I have sen a full discussion of their pros and cons. Perhaps you can start a thread asking for feedback.

Now, if we are talking about storing fishing rods in a tube or set of tubes, I am all for that!! I think use of the brackets on the driver side must have some cool applications. Fishing rod storage, perhaps a long flip down case, etc.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleet View Post
Ray,
Put me down for a set.

Thanks
1. Price and Details are in the last post I made to Dogger.
2. Yes, it will likely help keep your CCV top (High top?) a bit more aligned/captured/guided on the driver side.
3. You are probably thinking of the Road Shower. I have talked more than a few people out of doing this with the brackets even though it, at first, looks like a great idea. I am concerned the water sloshing back and forth in the tube will create funny forces on the brackets that they were definitely not designed for. The other concern I have is the leverage of a 4" diam tube full of water will create. The Fiammas are about 3" cross section and 6" tall with a static type of load. If you get through the first two concerns, then the functional aspect of a Tube suspended to the side of a Pop Top (especially a High Top) means you will have to always park that side of the van in the sun in order to heat the water. There are people on this Forum who have these type of Tube Showers installed. I do not think I have sen a full discussion of their pros and cons. Perhaps you can start a thread asking for feedback.

Now, if we are talking about storing fishing rods in a tube or set of tubes, I am all for that!! I think use of the brackets on the driver side must have some cool applications. Fishing rod storage, perhaps a long flip down case, etc.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #78

Thanks Ray
So any input on the ARB vs. CVT awnings? Your brackets will hold 79" width, I presume? Easy as pie to install?
Dogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogger View Post
Thanks Ray
So any input on the ARB vs. CVT awnings? Your brackets will hold 79" width, I presume? Easy as pie to install?
No input on either as I have not owned or used either. I have set one up and did not like the amount of effort and less functionality of te bag awnings vs the Fiammas. We covered this in this thread:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...t-21570-2.html Post#6

79" will be fine by using the front bracket and one bracket aft of the side doors. The bag style awnings are light enough that you will only need two brackets. This makes the install of these types of awnings easier. Hang on to the third bracket though in case you want to go to a Fiamma later on.

Yes, they are pretty easy to install.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:59 AM   #80
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
The Fiamma is my 3rd iteration of an awning I’ve had on our rig.
1. Canvas piece I had made that was stored in the back that fed into a “C” channel mounted on the rain gutter. Needed 2 poles and 2 staked tie downs per pole to function.
Verdict: while lightweight, we never wanted to deal with setting it up/taking it down, canvas took up valuable storage space. Light winds and we’d have to take it down
2. CVT mounted with 2 of Rays brackets. An improvement, however, needed 2 people to set up/store. This is the same design as the ARB. Needs to be rolled out and can only be used fully extended. Legs drop down and need to lock, twist lock bars need to be extended and inserted into a small hole then locked which didn’t always lock, on both sides, try that Han Solo. Verdict: awkward and once again was another awning not used. Light/moderate winds and wind gusts would send the 2 of us scrambling to take the puzzle apart and put it away
3. Fiamma
Verdict: nuff said

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote