Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2022, 07:43 AM   #11

Desertsherpa - thank you for the suggestions! I do have picks and have experienced the frustration of connectors that are hard to see. I have telescoping mirror and snake camera to help. Agree that being patient with connectors to avoid breaks is important. What shop manuals do you find best? Do you use the paper set from Ford or one of the aftermarket online versions? Thanks again!

FunHogUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:58 AM   #12

Only the Ford workshop manuals. Got mine off eBay. Worth every penny.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsherpa View Post
Only the Ford workshop manuals. Got mine off eBay. Worth every penny.
I agree this is what they look like.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 elect manual.jpg  
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:03 PM   #14

I replaced the wiring harness last year

I have a 2006 E350 EB 6.0 and was dealing with an issue after replacing a couple of sensors. My mechanic said he could attempt to locate the short that apparently was causing problems and I asked if it made sense to just replace the complete harness, and he said that would be the best solution since it was not a newer unit.

So I ordered the harness from Ford and he installed it. He did have to remove several components to get it properly installed, but he did a great job with the installation and it solved the short problem and now I have confidence with the electrical side of things.
MOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:07 PM   #15

I did stand by and watch him install the harness, so if you have any questions let me know
Old 08-01-2022, 06:38 AM   #16

Mota - thanks for your post. Can you remember what specific components your mechanic had to remove from each side of the engine to do the job?
Old 08-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #17

Wiring harness

I can give you a pretty good idea since I watched him do it, can you send me your email address and I'll email you my phone number - dave@dave-wayne.com
Old 08-11-2022, 06:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunHogUtah View Post

How did it go ?
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:08 AM   #19

Just finishing this thread with a follow up on how things turned out for any future searches on this topic. I ended up finding a local guy here in Utah who was a diesel mechanic for Ford (and others) but has changed carrier paths. He keeps a shop at his house and specializes on Ford Diesels. I ordered the harness from Tasca Parts per recommendation on another Forum post about finding the harness. Ford had told me it was no longer available. The local guy quoted me $200-$500 to install the harness (nights/weekends) so I decided that was way better than trying to do it myself. He got the job done and although he said he way under bid, he honored the $500 price. Van runs great now. Super happy. I do know he removed a fair amount to replace the harness. This included: Radiator pack, Fan/shroud, alternator, all the hoses/stuff that sits on the top of the front of the engine. He did not remove the AC compressor but loosened it up and just moved it a little without breaking the AC circuit. I also believe he did not remove the turbo but just the inlet/exhaust plumbing and was able to work the wires around. My recommendation to those reading that have an E350 in the 15+ year old range is to buy the wire harness now while you still can. This seems like a wise investment for the future. Hopes this helps someone.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #20

If anyone has wiring issues in SoCal message me. I have a great guy who dealt with our wiring harness when a bozo drilled through it
Nathandeuel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ficm error codes, injector errors, wire harness, wire loom