Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2022, 01:33 PM   #1

Mystery Switch

Does anyone know what this switch is for? It’s a three position switch to the left of the water pump switch. All three terminals have a wire attached. The red wire is +12vdc. All three wires run through the cabinet below the stove and disappear behind the fridge. I haven’t found anything that changing the position of the switch affects and there’s no information about it in the original manual that came with the van.

I’m thinking of pulling the wires off the switch and insulating them because I’m uncomfortable with having a possible short circuit develop somewhere. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Van info:
1997 Sportsmobile, Ford E250, RB50, manual pop-top, 5.4L, 2WD, propane stove and furnace, 12/120 fridge, electric water pump. No water heater or inverter.

Please note that for some reason the first picture posted upside down so the switch in question appears on the right.

Thanks again,
Fritz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06BAAB88-CA92-4CA2-A2B2-280E6BBDF11B.jpg (73.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2D49E1E1-A53D-4FE0-B913-0DE9CADF905C.jpg (76.4 KB, 8 views)
campIV is offline   Reply With Quote