Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #31

Re: Portable battery, good for jump starts

XP-10 is just under $140 on Amazon.

-John

Old 11-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #32

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
How did this work out? Is the x-10 the way to go? I am also looking at The Best 2,000 Amp Automotive Jump Starter - Hammacher Schlemmer which seems to be more powerful.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #33

Just bought the XP10 on newegg.com $125 plus tax. We will see if it is real and complete.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #34
Site Team

Garage
Herb just posted about those the other day. I'm also looking.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Yep, his post and what you did with yours that night in Yosemite had this on my want list! Will have on soon!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #36
Site Team

Garage
Yeah that was a funny night. The one I use is really my power supply to one of my scopes. But they do a great job jump starting. It sure freaked those people in Yosemite. I'm looking for one to jump start the diesel. I will say that it cranked over a farm tractor. It finally blew the fuse though. Still a great piece of equipment.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
20% off through Tuesday, if buying direct on the manufacturer's site. Not as cheap as other sources (Amazon and others), but with quite a few online reviews mentioning counterfeits, so I paid the higher price to buy direct.

Herb
Old 11-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #38

I bought this charger/battery pack off Amazon a few months back when I was going on a 900 mile solo ride on my Tiger:

Suaoki T10 12000 mAh 400 Amp Peak Portable Car Jump Starter

The stats look to be the same as the SP-1 It is on Amazon for 49.99 now I think it was 65.00 when I got it. I used it to charge my laptop and my tablet about 4 times each and it still showed half power. I got one and charged it up and it set in my truck for a couple weeks until we went camping. My buddy left his ipad and iPhone plugged into his truck for 2 days thinking the charger only worked when the key was on. Well he didn't even get a click when he turned the key, I measured the battery with my meter and it had less than 3v so it was dead dead.
I was about to hook up my strap to his hitch to pull the truck back (He parked hood to the trees instead of backing in like a man!) so I could jump it with my Old Superduty when I remembered I had this. His truck is a Silverado with the 8.1 I hooked this guy on with the camp laughing at me, walked over and turned the key and it turned slowly once and then normal and fired right up!
These battery packs are great to have I am a believer in them now, I need to get 2 more one for my wifes car and one for the new Van. The XP10 may be the way to go for the Van due to bigger capacity but this small one is great for cars and it will start a large V8 I will have to look for an opportunity to attempt it on a diesel.
www.DirkMitchell.com
Dirk Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #39
Site Team

Already had a chance to use my XP10. A co-worked had left his lights on and killed his battery and asked me for a jump start. He had jumper cables, but I pulled the XP10 out of the trunk and it was much simpler than dealing with the cables, and the fact that he had parked head-in to the parking spot.

Worked great, though it was hardly a challenging test given that it started a small 4 door econobox. He did tell me right away that he needed to get one after seeing how easy it was.

Herb
Old 12-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #40

Any thoughts or experiences with this one... Winplus Lithium Jump Starter/Power Bank. Seems comparable to the XP-3. No need to fire up larger engines than my 4.6

I also take comfort in the Costco return policy