Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #11

The pic you posted has a set of retrofitted projectors in them. If you run an HID or LED setup, that is the correct method. You can purchase a completed set from Vantage Optics or if you have some time and some mechanical ability, you can retrofit a kit yourself.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #12

I had the same non-rectangular setup that you have, with the same crappy OEM headlights. I replaced them with of set of the drop-in 5"x7" LED headlights off of amazon (link). Pulled the plastic rectangular housings off of a van in the junkyard. Cost less than $100 and took <2hrs to do the swap. Super straightforward, just need to crimp a few wires.

High and low beams work wayyyy better than stock. I'm super they aren't as good as the other pricier options mentioned here, but for <$100, they did the trick for me.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
The pic you posted has a set of retrofitted projectors in them. If you run an HID or LED setup, that is the correct method. You can purchase a completed set from Vantage Optics or if you have some time and some mechanical ability, you can retrofit a kit yourself.
That pic is not my van. Mine is in the shop and it was easier to grab an image of the shape of my lights vs the square. Let me see if I can get a pic of mine up today. Ability yes, time no. I need plug and play at this point.
THaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:38 PM   #14

If its in your budget, I cant recommend vantage optics highly enough. I have installed them on both of my vans. Totally transforms night time driving and they look great.

Also, Scott (REDOVAL) is super helpful if you have questions on what exactly you need for your setup. Before and after pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3691.jpg   IMG_3719.jpg  
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees588 View Post
I had the same non-rectangular setup that you have, with the same crappy OEM headlights. I replaced them with of set of the drop-in 5"x7" LED headlights off of amazon (link). Pulled the plastic rectangular housings off of a van in the junkyard. Cost less than $100 and took <2hrs to do the swap. Super straightforward, just need to crimp a few wires.

High and low beams work wayyyy better than stock. I'm super they aren't as good as the other pricier options mentioned here, but for <$100, they did the trick for me.

This is the route I am considering. Did you have to do anything to the grill?
Old 04-08-2021, 02:46 PM   #16

This is my 01-350 Quigly. I am in the middle of finishing the custom bumpers front and back, and am applying a monstaliner epoxy exterior finish.

Inside is close to how I want it, I need to make a couple modification and add solar panels and then it just time to drive and enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
20210307_120110.jpg   20210408_095649.jpg   20210408_095657.jpg   20210408_095724.jpg  
Old 04-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #17

Lets see if this flipped the pic the right way?
Attached Thumbnails
20210307_120110.jpg  
Old 04-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by THaley View Post
Lets see if this flipped the pic the right way?

Nope, Not sure whats going on here.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
If its in your budget, I cant recommend vantage optics highly enough. I have installed them on both of my vans. Totally transforms night time driving and they look great.

Also, Scott (REDOVAL) is super helpful if you have questions on what exactly you need for your setup. Before and after pictures attached.
Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to have to consider it. Seems most people on here are saying they are worth every penny. Its just a big sum of $ to put into a set of headlights.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #20

Nothing to do to the grill.. here are some photos. As long as you have access to a junkyard with a ford van with the square headlights, it is a really easy job.

End result
Click image for larger version

Name:	Euro style vs. LED final.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	39148
Bezel (from junkyard) that allows use of square headlights in euro style OEM setup

Name:	Sealed beam bezel from donor.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	39149
Wiring hardness from square headlights that you should also pull off of junkyard van

Name:	Euro style pin connect that needs to be swapped with donor from sealed beem.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	39150
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote