Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2023, 09:59 AM   #31

I’d love drawings or brackets. This has been on my (long) list to look into for a while

bobthecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 10:21 AM   #32

I'd be interested in a drawing/specs to have some brackets fabricated - if possible ? Count me in --

If 1der or someone else from the Forum comes up with a "fabricator" shop and pricing - I'd be interested in the pricing for a set to me made -
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 04:16 PM   #33

Hello all. I posted a few years back about scoring some Amp steps at a swap meet for $20.00. They were missing the controller. I did not care about the controller because I wanted them on demand so I put them on a momentary switch. I leave them down around town and tuck when on the trail. I also liked the short driver side as I felt the lond driver was not needed and worthless for roof access any way. The steps I scored must have been for the 3 door crew cab pickups. As most things I run across modification is part of the excitement of the purchase. Factory mounts can be used but as MG states require mods so if MG has them and you want steps I'd jump on them if you trully have your eyes on some steps unless your a diy'er and have time and more time. I will post a pic of the locations I chose to give options even for MG's brackets. Remember it is a 1/2 step and full step.
Attached Thumbnails
20230827_140649.jpg   20230827_140624.jpg   20230827_140424.jpg   20230827_140508.jpg   20230827_140452.jpg  

Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:50 AM   #34

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
I'd be interested in a drawing/specs to have some brackets fabricated - if possible ? Count me in --
^^^ me too!

i have access to a set of AMP Step kit PN:75134-01A. tag specifically says 02-03 & 08-16 ford superduty, but i see it has 20+ pages of applications for excursion and f-series when i look up the kit on summit. when i first looked at picking this up i was able to find specs on how long the steps were, but now I cant. I seem to recall they were within a few inchs of the hummer steps so i figured they wouldnt be too bad to make work.

i guess my main question is, would it be better to buy the list of stuff MG lists out or pick up this f-series kit for ease of fitment, or is it all related to the bracketery being talked about in this thread that MG is offering access too??
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:50 AM   #35

Yes please! dwg's would be greatly appreciated.
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:43 AM   #36

Related to this thread...I've designed E-series specific adapter brackets for one and only one AMP kit. Part number 75137-01A.

I don't have any fitment or compatibility knowledge to any other AMP kits relative to the brackets shown in the pictures at the start of the thread. I chose the kit part number above because it seemed like the most likely candidate for a simple install with a minimal amount of effort into designing an E-series specific adapter bracket. I have both sides installed on a van here at the shop and have confirmed that they work. As soon as I get the laser cut sample back from the shop and verify fitment, I will post the dimensions/dxf.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 11:03 AM   #37

Garage
Mg,
I know you in the process of moving and consequently bowing out of the limelight here, so I’d like to take a moment to thank you for being kind enough to share this ‘bracket’ with the group before your departure - a final testament to your generosity so many have come to appreciate though the years.
When you state “as soon as I get the lazer cut sample back”, are you referring to another set of brackets you are having made (based on the drawings you plan to share)?
If that is the case, I just sent you a related PM.
Again, thank you for all you’ve contributed!
Old 09-07-2023, 12:36 PM   #38

Garage
a quick followup... i called realtruck (amp technologies) to ask them the differences between the kit i listed and the kit mg used as a prototype. their techs will NOT discuss custom installs (liability issues of course). so be careful what you ask them. in fact don't even mention your trying to do a custom install. they will stop the conversation and talk right over the top of you and tell you they cant answer any questions about custom installs...i damn near got hung up on, lol. i was trying to find out if i could use the brackets mg is offering for the superduty kit i have access to, but sounds like that would be nothing but a gamble on my part. so fabbing from scratch for me. yay!

so in short, if you are looking to get amp steps and use mg's bracketry, make sure you buy the kit he listed. there are numerous differences between the various kits. not only bracketry, but the motor mechanisms and wiring, all vary from kit to kit.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 01:35 PM   #39

Yes, AMP is extremely unhelpful in regards to "custom" installations. So are most companies these days actually. I literally handed Expedition One critical dimensions and pictures (along with lots of positive comments I had gotten) about their rear bumper on an Eseries and they couldn't have cared less. Zero Fs given on their end. Funny too since they make bumpers to order so they wouldn't even have more than an hour or two updating a bracket drawing, wouldn't have anything additional invested into inventory and then had a whole other market to sell to. You can lead a horse to water...

Whatever... Some folks don't have the vision to see the big picture.

tracking info from laser shop says I'll get the AMP step prototype brackets tomorrow. I'll update this weekend sometime.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 04:22 AM   #40

So curious! Any update on these brackets?
Retrofireman is offline   Reply With Quote