Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #11

Kingnever. I need to take pictures and load them as i have started a thread on my build an this was the "First" major install I had made. I bought (2) 3 seat benches out of a 2015 transit off eBay one being wider than the other. They came with a solid track that tied between the two seats. It did not work with the E series van, the seat alignment with the track tying the seats together was too offset to fit with the radius-ed sides of the E-series vs. transit vertical sides. I ended up cutting the brackets to mount for each bench. Also allowing me to changing my spacing and allow for more leg room. I used 1/4" aluminum backing plates under the floor and because of the alignment with the floor ribs I had to shim the passenger side mount bracket with 1/4" aluminum (landed in the valley) to match where the drivers side and middle seat brackets landed on the rib.

The seats are great once they are in, they have a bit of recline. I really like that they have the shoulder belt integrated (less work to remove when needed) but did I mention they are HEAVY!!!! The back seat is full width across the van and the front leaves enough room to pass by as a normal passenger bench configuration would. i can get you any particulars if you need and any photos also.

04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Depending on how many seats you want you could do L track with Siennas, but those are pricey to not have in most of the time.
J, did you put L track in for your Siennas?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #13

Garage
Kingnever, if you want the ability to walk through, Sienna seats are the way to go. They're removed from the Sienna vans for people to put in wheelchair access, then get sold on EBay. Here's my process: btw, the E350 benches are hella heavy. I took them out of my van and hope to never put them in again. They're still sitting in my garage if anyone needs them.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...rig-17377.html
Old 09-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #14

Garage
King never - sorry to be so vague, it appears everyone else has helped in explaining what siennas are.

Otter - Yep, well the one side anyway. I just need to be less lazy and get the other side done.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
King never - sorry to be so vague, it appears everyone else has helped in explaining what siennas are.

Otter - Yep, well the one side anyway. I just need to be less lazy and get the other side done.
Cool! Post up some pics on how you did it. Curious minds want to know.... and copy!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #16

The Japanese really got the 'removable van seat thing' right. I had a Toyota Sienna with these quick release seats that were 'the bomb'. Honda vans use the same thing. The seat mounting brackets are pockets recessed into the floor. If you cut weld and can do moderate fabrication, you could scrounge seats and corresponding pockets, cutting the pockets from some junkyard or Craig's List part out van, and graft the pockets into your Ford floor. Lots' of work for sure, but for your purposes it might be worth it.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #17

Garage
Otter - ok I do a writeup when I do the other side as its the more difficult one...

Definitely go with Tomsbeast idea of using those floor brackets if you can. And if you want new seats and the floor brackets, the seller on eBay in scottsdale AZ normally just throws the tracks in with the seats if you want them.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #18

Anybody have a ballpark weight for one of the Sienna seats with footrests? I'm wondering how much work it would be to take in and out as needed?
Fork-N-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #19

Garage
Its heavy but not that heavy. Your not going to want to do it more than once in an hour if you can help it.