Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2023, 10:21 AM   #1

What's up at Huntington?

Jim and Nancy ore no longer with Sportsmobile North - Huntington, IN. Does anyone know what happened?

bradyhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 11:55 AM   #2

What ?? Retired ? Fired ? Keep us informed of anything found out ! Thanks !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:31 PM   #3

Curious minds......

We got our first SMB from Huntington and it was always great working with Nancy and Jim. After 5 years of ownership when our Penthouse top developed a leak, it was replaced under warranty including the canvas w out any hassle. I showed up and the new top was painted to match and ready to install.

Hope they are well.
Oogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 03:55 PM   #4

Yes, I would like to know also. We had them do our conversion also in 2009 and then redo it in 2015 or so with new canvas, new upholstery on the seats, and with other things over the years. We always felt like the service was great and they treated us very fairly on costs. They weren't quite as flexible as West on options, but the end result has been fine for the last 15 years. We are thinking about a new van now and can't decide where to get it done. Indy is by far the closest, but I think Field Van does good work also and the guys in Texas seem OK for what little we have talked to them.

If anyone has info, please let us know. I wonder if the fact that the rush for vans is about over has anything to do with the changes. Seemed like Field Van was a bit slower when we were there recently.
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 04:42 PM   #5

FWIW, I did a little research on SMB history. Wikipedia has a decent article actually. Charles Borskey who along with his father founded the company basically owned it until he passed away in 2020 or so. He passed it on to his family and that likely caused the conflict with SMB West. The property in Huntington was still owned by Charles but has now been transferred to Mark Borskey (son?). Jim ran (still runs?) the Huntington shop since 1980 I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmobile
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 03:22 PM   #6

I will miss Nancy. She was great. Hopefully she is enjoying retirement and it wasn't something else.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 11:23 AM   #7

Garage
I had SMB Huntington outfit my 2017 Transit and I could not say enough positive things about both Jim and Nancy. They couldn't have been more accommodating. What a loss if they are no longer there.
bidgoodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 07:07 AM   #8

It certainly is sad that Nancy and Jim are no longer at Sportsmobile North. It was always a pleasure to interact with them; in fact, the whole Huntington crew were always pleasant and accommodating.

I recently was in touch with Nancy about sourcing vinyl to match my Sportsmobile build and she replied quickly and offered to ship some.

If they retired, then best wishes to them both. I can’t think of two people more deserving of some relaxation than them.
grinnelljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 12:29 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to MikewTV
Hopefully retired. Agree they were great. Did a nice job on our EB50 back in 2008 and always advised us well on options. I felt like when Nancy steered me away from a couple options she had good reasons why. And over the years I could no sooner ask about any part I might need and she's already shipping it to me. As recently as last year I think when I replaced all my T moldings. Ours has held up great and I camp every month with my sons.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:54 PM   #10

Stopped in today 9/8/2023. First person I saw was Jim. Had a nice chat. Nancy was at lunch so did not see her. Also talked to Chad. All is well. Don't know how this stuff gets started.
kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote