Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2024, 07:58 PM   #21

Spent more money. Ordered a Maxx Air fan. A few more random woodworking tools I couldn't justify. An Evolution cold cut saw.

Stood behind the van with the doors open brainstorming how to do this for a while.

kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 08:02 PM   #22

Oh yeah, I got a replacement rear diff for the auction van and a RV window for the plain white wrapper van.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy View Post
Spent more money. Ordered a Maxx Air fan. A few more random woodworking tools I couldn't justify. An Evolution cold cut saw.

Stood behind the van with the doors open brainstorming how to do this for a while.
I badly want one of those metal cutting saws. I bought an abrasive disc type from Harbor freight a few years ago on the cheap and it will but metal but you better pack a lunch and enjoy it while you wait, while at the same time trying not to let the hurricane of sparks catch your shop on fire.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I badly want one of those metal cutting saws. I bought an abrasive disc type from Harbor freight a few years ago on the cheap and it will but metal but you better pack a lunch and enjoy it while you wait, while at the same time trying not to let the hurricane of sparks catch your shop on fire.
Haha... me too!

I have used chop saws for 25 years, I used my buddies cold cut saw a couple years ago and new I needed one. Never had a project big enough to justify one. Got a little carried away spending money I guess.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:09 PM   #25

Na, I would consider it a lifetime tool. Now nearing 50 I've enjoyed the hell out of acquiring several lifetime tools in the last 10 years or so. I bought a nice mig welder a couple years ago, a much better welder than I am a welder with it. Most of mine are woodworking tools that I hope to die with.

Prices have gotten so high though I wish I had bought a lot of stuff a few years ago.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 09:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Na, I would consider it a lifetime tool. Now nearing 50 I've enjoyed the hell out of acquiring several lifetime tools in the last 10 years or so.

I hear ya. I've got a couple years on you, 52 in January.

In the past 9 years I've aquired a 2 post lift, tire machine and balancer, snap on scan tool w/ scope, AC recovery machine, millermatic 225 MIG welder, compact tractor, shelves full of specialty tools and a 40x60 shop to keep them all in.

I'm still learning/working on the wood shop, but I have a decent start. This build will certainly put those new skills to the test.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:08 PM   #27

Not really camper van progress, but progress towards campervan progress.

Got my salvage rebuild done and off the rack, ready for inspection.

Now I need to pull my auction E150 in to replace the rear axle. Since the rear axle is blown up, it doesn't move itself. I could unload it from my trailer and get my wife to try to steer it while I tow it with a truck or my tractor into my shop. That doesn't usually work great. Or, I could drive the trailer into the shop and unload it in there. That might be a little better. But maybe theres a better way....

It's a snug fit...

The arms almost fit... only need an inch or two

Hey, it worked!!

Old 02-22-2024, 10:11 PM   #28

Heh - nice work kbeefy!
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Heh - nice work kbeefy!