Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2020, 03:42 AM   #21

JWA I definitely agree, thank you for your input!

Mothgils thank you for your comment, I will
be sure to reach out if the local water I’ve contacted doesn’t pan out! I’m going to price out each material option. In my opinion each having their pros/cons, finding a good middle ground between those pros/cons and price is where I need to start. There is a water jet cutter near where I live that I’ve contacted. I submitted my very first design to them but have since redesigned it somewhat and I need to resubmit my design to them and obtain a quote.

Wisco150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Another possible metal cutter would be CutSendCut.com----they have an online drawing utility that's kinda slick.

Naturally its better having a local outfit you can talk with directly, often times they can help simply your product to reduce your costs of production while maintaining the quality level you wish to have.

Really hoping this turns into something you'll enjoy doing and makes a few side bux too.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco150 View Post
Steve C, thank you!

Twoxentrix, do you know what/how you are mounting your panel to make it easily removable? I was thinking I would mount mine with spacers to allow removal of any items that were strap/tied to it but I really like your idea to have the panel easily removable

Steve Hunt, I did not think of a fold down shelf/mini table but I really like your idea especially a place to fill the water bladder! I’m expecting to have multiple changes/versions by the time I’m done so I definitely will attempt to incorporate a fold down table/shelf
Finally took delivery of my van a few weeks ago so I've been crawling all over it, in it and under it. The frame-work space behind the Aluminess box is exactly 2" deep from the edge of the frame-work to the box itself. This would be another great place to mount a bigger fold down shelf/mini table. In fact I'd buy one for here first if you were selling both. I'd prefer to drill into the back of the sheet metal box rather than the frame to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails
Back side Delux box 2.jpg  
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
Finally took delivery of my van a few weeks ago so I've been crawling all over it, in it and under it. The frame-work space behind the Aluminess box is exactly 2" deep from the edge of the frame-work to the box itself...

I think that some people mount a Rotopax fuel can in that spot. Either way, its space just waiting to be used.

Herb
Old 08-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
Finally took delivery of my van a few weeks ago so I've been crawling all over it, in it and under it. The frame-work space behind the Aluminess box is exactly 2" deep from the edge of the frame-work to the box itself. This would be another great place to mount a bigger fold down shelf/mini table. In fact I'd buy one for here first if you were selling both. I'd prefer to drill into the back of the sheet metal box rather than the frame to mount it.
So it would essentially work like the door on the box does. Using both of them would be quite a bit of table space especially without actually lugging a table around.
Attached Thumbnails
box 1.jpg   box 2.jpg  
Old 08-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco150 View Post
Twoxentrix, do you know what/how you are mounting your panel to make it easily removable? I was thinking I would mount mine with spacers to allow removal of any items that were strap/tied to it but I really like your idea to have the panel easily removable
Took a while to get the fab pieces back from the welder, and then my procrastination - but finally got around to installing the Mole Board. Did change-up my initial plan a bit.
Have two 1/2" tall hooks at the top (just above the storage door), and the 1" tall x 14" long tray at the bottom - slides in and out very easily. All four PowerTanks hooked into the mole board along with two small pouches below...works great.

Old 04-08-2022, 05:55 PM   #27

I’m still interested in this for the barn doors. Is this project still alive? I see similar metal molle panels for Sprinters and such, anyone know of a source for the Econoline doors?
Old 04-08-2022, 07:52 PM   #28

Hi Steve Hunt,

I’ve made a few out of aluminum. I’m working on a “final” slightly smaller version than the one in the picture so that the bottom of the panel is just slightly higher what the floor of van is rather the just slightly higher than the floor of the step. I had also designed and 3D printed some wing nut/knobs to be able to remove the panel without tools to more easily add ir take things off the molle panel if needed. My newest design uses rivnuts and a different bolt that can still be easily removed without tools (anything from a narrow key to a coin) but doesn’t require all the 3D printing.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:55 PM   #29

Here is a few pictures. Both the previous design pictured and new design uses a spacer in between the door and the panel and uses factory holes in the door. With the rivnuts those factory holes need to be drilled out slightly so the rivnut fits into the hole.
Attached Thumbnails
F43A9A77-D2DB-482E-BC0D-C94EDF0CCBEF.jpeg   AA54026B-9DE4-444D-97E1-F7B1723301CB.jpeg   CC3F8FF2-FF00-44BE-8629-6B303BD38517.jpeg  
Old 04-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #30

Check out the bolt/fastener used by Built-Right Industries on molle panels at time-stamp 4:30 ish in this you tube video https://youtu.be/Gi1YfAltAh4