Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #11
MSD

Garage
Well a little more progress on Vinnie. The wrap has taken me a little longer to do than I wanted... Mostly due to nice weather here in Colorado. I was trying to enjoy the sun and family during our Covid19 Lock down (still locked down). But this weekend Vinnie got a little closer to getting his CCV high roof pop top installed. Before I cut the top out, (doing a full cut out) I'll be sparing part of the roof with raptor liner just like the rockers. Not sure if i'll spray the top black, dark gray or if I wrap it. Spraying black will tie in the rockers to the top... but still not sure and have some time to figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
vinnie - camo 1.jpg   vinnie camo 2.jpg  

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #12

Garage
Have to say I was a little skeptical when I viewed the first pictures you shared - partial wrap on the back & barn doors. Turned out very nice - I like it!
Old 04-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #13
MSD

Garage
It's for sure a process, I knew once I got one door done, that it would work out. But if in the end I didn't like it I could always start over and paint it. Great thing is this stuff is good for 7 years and will come off in 5 with out an residue. But who know's I'll find out in 2 to 3 years when I plan to switch it out. If I keep the van that long...

Since we have two vans the goal was rent one out on Outdoorsy and use one every weekend, but with the current situation I don't want anyone in our vans. So we'll see what late fall or next summer holds. At least it allows for me to work a little slower and not have to crank this one out so we can rent it.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote