Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #1

'94 Dodge B350 highroof

Hello! I've been hearing about Sportsmobile for years and drove my bro-in-law's E250-based van several years ago. We've owned a VW Westfalia for over a decade and have long wanted more room than the Westy offers, and we discussed doing a Sprinter buildout when a Sprinter was the only big van out there. With the arrival of the Transit and Promaster the field opened up but the prices are still high, so we decided to try something different.

My wife found this thing on the local Craigslist and we went for it. Here it is with the VW it will be replacing. I particularly like the roof configuration; extra tall for stand-up-straight headroom, tall rear doors (motohauler!), and normal side doors. This one did have a wheelchair lift but the previous owner removed it. It's solid with a couple of rust bubbles at the bottoms of the side doors and low miles but it will need some work and, of course, the buildout.

I'm trying to find out the manufacturer of the roof. It's not a Fiberine; I sent them pix and asked and they replied that it's not theirs. If you recognize it I'd like to hear about it from you.

Progress on this will be slow since we're involved in a couple of extensive home projects but I'll update as we begin working on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vanagon and Debbie.jpg (81.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Debbie2.JPG (36.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Debbie3.JPG (36.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Debbie4.JPG (36.4 KB, 19 views)
campism is offline   Reply With Quote