Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 03:00 PM   #51

passenger swivel seat base is an excellent starting point.....

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #52

Lol thank you! Baby steps right?

Just need to take care of an emissions vapor sensor connector that got removed... No starting or drive issues, and I was aware of it- made an informed decision to buy HellBetty. I would ignore it but the engine light stays on now... So if some other code comes up I may not know it

Anyone else dealt with that?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #53

sounds like you already figured this out.......

....the seat bases use a male Torx Plus bit (not a regular Torx, although they kind of work)......you need the Plus style Torx.

A few other things also use Torx Plus so you may want to find a cheap set.
2003 Honda Element
Old 11-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #54

Got my wrenches.

Yesterday after a road trip to pickup my grandson 2 hours away, he barfed a bucketful in the back seat of my car. Then after a stop at Walmart for new car seat (yes- that bad) on the way home on the interstate a deer hit a semi I was behind. It somehow landed directly on the road in front of me. Aaaaand I stayed the course due to abundance of traffic, darkness rain etc. Guts and stuff under car, bumper panel bent, headed out now to get damage estimate.

I called a mechanic I use for body shop referral this morning. Gary's first question was "were you in the van?"

Being pretty sleepy today prevented me from firing at him HELL NO if I'd run over that carcass in the van I would have cleared it!

Didn't mean to be up quite so late but the celebratory gunfire outside when Pennsylvania came in woke me up again!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #55

Annie: If your front bumper needs to be replaced, consider getting the insurance cash and applying it to an Aluminess, etc.....just a thought

...and if your grille is toast and you want black instead of chrome.....
2003 Honda Element
Old 11-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #56

Garage
GEEZ! Running over a deer is bad but having to buy a whole new carseat because of a barf session is epic. Poor kid, hope everything works out and everyone is feeling better soon!

Oh and 'Merica.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:46 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Annie: If your front bumper needs to be replaced, consider getting the insurance cash and applying it to an Aluminess, etc.....just a thought

...and if your grille is toast and you want black instead of chrome.....
boywonder i was driving my Accord coupe when that happened and she handled it all just fine. I cannot for the life of me get how deery went from front passenger bumper of the semi I was following to land directly in front of me! I never had any adrenaline-panic rush, just "Ok next I'm going to drive right over this carcass" ......Aluminess would look bad*ss on a Honda tho!

Delayed reaction later I thought of all the scenarios that could have happened. My Guardian Angel was definitely there! Probably one of my parents, I was thinking about them all that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
GEEZ! Running over a deer is bad but having to buy a whole new carseat because of a barf session is epic. Poor kid, hope everything works out and everyone is feeling better soon!

Oh and 'Merica.
LOL Jweez it WAS epic! Fortunately a nice warm day to swab out in that parking lot not to mention the old car seat contained it nicely like a bucket.

Say there is a new billboard in town showing a young lady veteran on a red white and blue sled with a golden retriever at her side. It's in an odd spot (crest of a hill that I cut over to get into town) so I can never get a good look at it but looks very cool! Thought of you
Old 11-10-2016, 06:40 AM   #58

Garage
Oh yep, that's Christy Gardner. Really nice person and a good player.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #59
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
I cannot for the life of me get how deery went from front passenger bumper of the semi I was following to land directly in front of me! I never had any adrenaline-panic rush, just "Ok next I'm going to drive right over this carcass" ......
Wow, that would be a wake up call. When driving a big rig, I always have a phase in the back of my mind; escape route. But like many large vehicles, my van just doesn't like wild maneuvering or fast braking so too bad for an animal destine for a collision. Sounds like you weren't shaken up and handled it well

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Oh yep, that's Christy Gardner. Really nice person and a good player.
I kinda figured you would know her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Wow, that would be a wake up call. When driving a big rig, I always have a phase in the back of my mind; escape route. But like many large vehicles, my van just doesn't like wild maneuvering or fast braking so too bad for an animal destine for a collision. Sounds like you weren't shaken up and handled it well
Thank you! I was more concerned the next day when the alternate scenarios came tiptoeing past. I like that mantra -escape route- tho I'll have to think on what that means in a high van

My next door neighbor reminded me it's that time of year the deer are running so will lay low. Went a few hours south to hike yesterday and it was one of THE most gorgeous days of the year